News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

JV Models Curved trestle

Started by canpac, November 25, 2011, 09:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canpac

Has anyone on this forum assembled a JV Models  O scale curved trestle  on their layout ? Any pros or cons on this item

railtwister

JV models have a reputation for poorly written instructions with few, if any, drawings, and roughly cut poor quality wood. I think you would be far better off to save your money and scratch build using Northeastern or Kappler scale lumber, or even better, get one of the excellent kits from Black Bear instead. They use a re-usable fixture to build the bents and come with good instructions, so they are very much worth the slightly higher price. Here's the link: <http://www.blackbearcc.com/>

Bill in FL

ebtbob

Canpac,

Do a search for the Hunter Line.    This is a mom/pop company out of Canada.   They do all types of trestles,  portals,  snow sheds etc in various scales.   They have nice directions and a good quality bass wood.   They also offer an extensive line of stains for wood.  They are good people to deal with.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Jerrys HO

canpac-

Bob is on the money with Hunter's line. I used there products on my O scale layout when I had it.
Here's the link:
http://www.hunterline.com/

Bob-
I noticed they have a new product called magic water. Sound like a great product and I was wondering if you have tried it yet?

Jerry

mabloodhound

Yup, Hunterline is the one.   They even suggest using their 'S' scale trestles and bridges for On30....makes sense.
Great folks....met them at the Model Expo this year.   Canadian company with a distribution warehouse in Maryland.
Curved trestles are easy with their kits.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

ebtbob

Jerry,

I have not tried Hunterline water product.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org