News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Layout Design Software

Started by SteveWard3928, November 25, 2011, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveWard3928

Has anyone used or know of computer software that can assist with the layout and design of new track?  Any information or ideas would be appreciated, Steve
S&S

Gonna get blamed for it...you might as well do it!!

mhampton

http://www.xtrkcad.org/Wikka/HomePage is the home page for XTrackCAD (FREE).  Be sure to go through the tutorials once it's set up and you will have fewer problems learning to use it.  Atlas Trains offers one for free, too, called RTS, but you will be pretty much limited to Atlas track components - not good if you want to use Bachmann's EZ products.

Nathan

There are many good commercial and shareware programs.

i have been using Cadrail for over 15 years.  http://sandiasoftware.com/  Tom is very responsive to problems you run into.  It is also very easy to create libraries of track to fit your needs.

Len

There's also a commercial package called 'RR-Track', www.rrtrack.com recently upgraded to v.5.

The basic HO package included the software and libraries for: Atlas c.100 HO, Atlas c.83 HO, Atlas TT HO, Kato HO, Peco HO, Pilz c.100, Pilz c.83, Fleischmann HO, Bachmann EZ HO, Roco HO, and Walthers/Shinohara c.83 HO track. Once you have the base software additional libraries for other scales and accessories can be added as needed.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

CNE Runner

I have been using AnyRail for years. The learning curve is fairly shallow and it seems to do what I need. The free version is fairly limited; although it allows you to try the program. For a few dollars you can purchase the entire program and have access to future updates. Check it out at:

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

NarrowMinded

I use ANYRAIL that CNErunner mentioned Great software no crashes and continuing updates.

NM-Jeff