News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New ALCO FA2's

Started by Rod in PA, November 28, 2011, 09:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod in PA

Question for the Bach-Man,
Will the new ALCO FA2's with "DCC Sound Onboard" function on a direct current (DC) layout?  If so, are there any control limitations?  Thanks.

ebtbob

Rod,

I wish I could answer your questions,  but I cannot.   However,  I have seen the FA and it runs and sounds great!!
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

richg

They are dual mode and run on DC. Just no control over the sounds. They will have certain sounds operating depending on how they are programmed when the decoders are produced.

From the Bachmann site.

Will my model run on DC?
Yes, all Tsunami equipped locomotives can run on both DC and DCC. To operate your models on DC simply increase the power pack to around 6 volts. You should hear the background sounds start up. As you increase the voltage to 8 volts you should see the model begin to move.

Rich

jward

just placed my order for an fa2. can't wait to hear it. i know there are good alco 244 sound decoders out there, which is the engine used in the fa2 and rs3. having spent alot of time around rs3s on the western maryland in the 1970s, it will be great to hear those sounds again.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Rod in PA

Thanks everyone for your inputs.  I placed an order for one of the FA2's and can't wait to hear it.  It will be my first "Onboard Sound" loco.  Thanks again, Rod in PA.