Main Menu

cuplers

Started by marvin shimer, November 28, 2011, 03:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvin shimer

What ez mate cupler for life like f40 locomotive

ebtbob

Marvin,

It is a bit difficult to answer you question without some more information.
On that particular engine,  are the couplers mounted to the frame?   If so,  then the chances are that the Kadee 148 would be possible choice.   If the couplers are part of the truck assembly,  then I would need to see the engine to advise you.    I work partime in a local train store(Lansdale, Pa) and if memory serves me well,   there may be one of the LiveLike engines in the consignment case.   I will check today and get back to you via this thread.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

marvin shimer

Thanks Ill send you a picture soon

Len

The EZ-Mates will not fit the Life-Like F40 with truck mounted 'horn-hook' couplers. The simplest way to convert it to knuckle couplers is with Life-Like's knuckle coupler http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/433-1427  that has a small pivot hole, the same as the 'horn-hook'.

They're available from Walthers in a pack with 2/pair for $3.98 or 20/pair for $6.98. The item number for the 20/pair pack is 433-1436. They also work well in old Tyco and Model Power cars. If you trim the "whisker" centering springs back about 1/8", you don't have to remove the tabs on the coupler box opening that kept the 'horn-hook' coupler from going too far off center.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

ebtbob

Marvin,

I checked the LifeLike engine that we have in the consignment case at the store.   Both ends have the coupler mounted to the trucks,  a method called a Talgo truck/coupler set.   The Kadee 28 should be the coupler you want to use to retrofit your engine.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

marvin shimer

Thanks that really helps