News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heislers Release Delayed?

Started by railtwister, December 08, 2011, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

This note from Ray at The Favorite Spot was found over on the Texas Outlaws On30 group, posted on Dec. 6:

--- In TexasOutLawsOn30@yahoogroups.com, "raycozzatfs" <favorite.spot@...> wrote:
>
> Sadly, the On30 Stearns Heisler (#'s 28801-28806)will not be available until 2012 due to a production related issue.
> Thank you!
> Ray
>
> --- In TexasOutLawsOn30@yahoogroups.com, "raycozzatfs" <favorite.spot@> wrote:
> >
> > The latest release date that I received on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving from the factory for the Bachmann Heisler is "mid-December".
> > Thank you!
> > Ray
> >

Since everything in China shuts down for extended time to observe Chinese New Years, and Bachmann also usually closes here for inventory during most of January this is bad news for Heisler fans. Lets hope they get here before any major price increases are announced (which also usually occurs in January.

Bill in FL

Stevelewis

The  news  that   is  coming  out  of  our  retailers here in the  UK  is..............

'Dont  expect  them until well into  2012!'
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Royce Wilson

S. Calloway

Royce,,   You could not have said it any better.....

ChrisS

I'm really not surprised. Are the porters
Really available yet, more than just a few here and
There?
As displeased as I am, at least they will be coming

railtwister

Actually, I think there is a consistent pattern here. My memory may be wrong, but I seem to recall that every new On30 loco release from Bachmann since they Shays have missed their targeted release date. Some were only a little late, like the Shays, and some like the Porters, terribly so. I think the new Porters were probably off by the most amount of time. The disturbing thing is that just a few days before Thanksgiving, the Heislers were said to be still on schedule for a mid December arrival, but it seems to me like if they weren't already on the water by then, it should have been clear they weren't going to make it into the pipeline this year. Let's hope this isn't an instant replay of the Porter's delivery schedule.

Bill in FL

railtwister

Quote from: Royce Wilson on December 08, 2011, 07:08:24 PM
There went Christmas! :-[

Royce

Not exactly, I'm still hoping to see my Porters by then! (fingers crossed)

Bill in FL

max (uk)

Quote from: ChrisS on December 08, 2011, 10:11:42 PMAre the porters
Really available yet, more than just a few here and
There?

There is one on my layout right now over here in the UK. I have had it for just under three weeks now, so I would guess they are available in most places.

I don't mind too much about the Hieslers being delayed, as I can't afford one right now! Maybe some painted sample pictures to look at while we are waiting would be good.

DWU

My god I hope its not gear related!

kcsivils1

If it is, better the issue be dealt with NOW instead of after the models are on our lay-outs. So it would be worth the wait to not have to deal with the frustration the owners of Shays, Climaxes and railcars have had to deal with.

Have had to wait a long time for Bachmann to produce the Heisler, would rather wait a little longer to get one that runs like a watch!

From what I have heard the factory shuts down for a holiday in China and Bachmann does inventory here in the U.S. Not exactly the time for a new product to arrive and be released.

It's all good though. The Kentwood & Southern will get its first geared locomotive soon enough!

Bucksco

No gear issues.....just a couple of tweaks we would like to make before distributing them.

Royce Wilson

I don't need the Porters as I have done better updating to mine that Bachmann has. Was wishing for the Heisler for Christmas, oh well a nice train book will do instead, that is Bachmanns loss. :'(

Royce

NarrowMinded

Chinese New Year is in two parts the 1st New Years then Spring festival

I was in China ten years ago for a month, during that time they shut down for a week at the end of January for "Spring Festival/Chinese New Year". My company did not know that when they scheduled me to go, I had a great time.

This year Chinese New Year will be Observed from Jan 1st. to the 3rd.  then back to work  until Feb 2ND through the 8Th and that's when just about Everything Shuts down.

So theres hope they can be put on the boat between Jan 3rd and Feb 2ND.

NM-Jeff

ChrisS

Make the stuff here. Ill gladly pay a
Bit more for it then.

NarrowMinded

I would pay a bit more, but they could do as the auto makers do, they could have all the parts made there and assemble them here.

My statement above made me think of a great product for bachmann to produce!

Un-Assembled locomotive kits... All the parts tossed in little bags for us to assemble as we please, I think they would sell Like hotcakes!

NM-Jeff