News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old timer sets

Started by jayo, July 13, 2007, 07:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

I always loved 4-4-0 steam locos, old and new.  I kinda don't like the rather basic Old Time Village Freight set.  I think Bachmann should retire that set and resurrect the "Great Iron Horse Train Robbery" set they once had.  It should have all of the same pack-ins that set had, including the cowboy figures, baseplate thing, storybook, action cars, etc. 
It would only have these differences:
-Maybe a cool new box, styled similar to that of the newer Old Time Village Freight ones
-The Jupiter would wear its updated red and blue livery
-It would have an oval of Nickel Silver EZ track(and accessories be modified to better acomidate that track as necessary) with their new little power pack

So please consider this, Bachmann.  If not, could you please at least update the Old Time Village Freight and Express sets so they have Nickel Silver EZ track and the Jupiter and 119 wear their updated liveries?  Also, on the Freight set, have all included freight cars be the Central Pacfic ones.  Just like the updates done to the N scale equivalent sets.  Thanks, Bachmann.

Paul M.

Those aren't bad ideas.

Do you know when when the Great Iron Horse train robbery set came out?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Yukonsam

Hi

In Britain they were available under the Airfix name from 1976.

Maybe this link may help :  http://www.tri-ang.co.uk/Airfix/ARSysInd.htm
Regards, Yukonsam

jayo

It looks really cool!  They really should consider reissuing it with improvements.  Actually, maybe they should discontinue the Old Time Village Express set, modify the freight one to have all Union Pacific cars as well as an updated no. 119, and have that Train Robbery set, like I said, with all same features except have nickel silver E-Z track and the Jupiter in its updated livery. 8)

TwinZephyr

Based on Bachmann's on-line product listing, the 1860's-1880's trains have all been discontinued except for the 4-4-0 in various road names and a Disney train set.  Rather than updated Village Express and Village Freight sets, I'd prefer to be able to purchase the cars and locomotives separately.  Bring back the Train Robbery cars too.