News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

short circuit

Started by Lucas1969, July 14, 2007, 08:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas1969

Hello,
I am a newbee in model rairoading and i built an small layout (4x8) i used easy command from Bachmann with 4 dcc engines, the track came from life like power lock, my brobleme came with the switch all my engine turn to short circuit when goes backward on every switch, how can turn this trouble off.

Luc

tomcat623

Luc, please please re-read and restate your question so no one has to guess what your asking, thanks,
Tom

SteamGene

It SOUNDS like the locos reverse when they hit a turnout.  But I agree, the question needs to be restated. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

I think Luc may be French speaking........just from the way he forms his sentences.

I think he is having troubles with shorts when he tries reversing through a turnout. I'm not sure what the fix would be, other than the basics of wheel guage, point guage etc etc....., but I think this is what he is asking.

Sid

Jonathan MacCormack

Polarity question comes to mind from info stated.

Any comments?

Jonathan

Lucas1969

Yes that's exacly the probleme (WoundedBear ).

Sorry for my english :(

Luc

lanny

It's okay Luc ... you do a lot better with English than i would do with French!

Now that we know what 'WounderBear' mentioned is you problem, I am sure that some of the experts will eventually answer your question (I'm not one of them :))

Thanks for asking and being patient while someone gets an answer to you. It may take a few days ... don't be discouraged. There's a bunch of really nice, helpful and knowlegable guys on this forum who will give you some good advice.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

SteamGene

Sorry, I missed the cadence, and my French is limited to food and wine!  Will the locomotive go through the turnout completely? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Lucas1969

No, they stop at the short and the only way to backward is  puting the engine forward.(on the controler).

Luc

rogertra

Sounds to be as though the polarity of the rails is somehow reversed at the short circuit.  Perhaps it's not a short circuit at the switch (turnout in model railroadees?) but perhaps Luc as two connections going to his track and on one of them, he's reversed the polarity?

How many connections from your power suplly to your track do you hac Luc?

Lucas1969

SteamGene

How many turnouts do you have?  How are they connected? 
Is it possible that you have set up a reverse loop without realizing it? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Lucas1969

Six turnout, they collected directly to acc from the power pack, i follow the installation indication from life like.

tomcat623

Luc do any of your turnouts connect back to your main line and do all your turnouts short out?

SteamGene

Do you have a piece of track that connects a turnout on one side of your layout to a turnout on the other side of the layout?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat