News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

short circuit

Started by Lucas1969, July 14, 2007, 08:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas1969

All turnout are conected to main line from one side and to dead end to outher side.

Lucas1969

All the turnout are connected to the main line by one side and to dead end to other side.
Luc

tomcat623

Luc, are your switches made by lifelike?

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Insulators. That could be it. If they're not there, shorts galore!

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Lucas1969

Yes powerlock by lifelike.

RAM

I am at a loss here, but just a thought.  disconnect the power to on of the turnout and see what happens. 

Lucas1969

same ting, short circuit.

Luc

SteamGene

I assume you are in France.  Could it have anything to do with the current/voltage/amps/etc of European electrical service?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

His email is sympatico.ca....Luc is in Canada......that rules out the power system mismatch.

Are these remotely operated? Try disconnecting the switches that change your turnout direction and try again. Maybe you have something amiss between the accessory side and the variable DC side.

Sid

tomcat623

Is your frog insulated?

Lucas1969

I disconect all turnout to use it manually, no change (short again),
no the turnout are not cotroled by th ez command and don't know if the frog are insuleted.

Luc

Lucas1969

I check the voltage and is steel the same all around the layout, and yes it 's an short i can see the little spark from engine wheel.

Luc

Lucas1969

Yes, each time of an engine stall on turnout my EZcommand flash and beep.

Luc

tomcat623

Luc,  yep, that sounds like a short to me. In your first post did you mean the engine will cross the turnout one way but shorts out the other way?
If so maybe the turnout is not tight against the rail and the wheel flange could be hitting.

Lucas1969

That's exactly the situation, i will check for the turnout tight.
Luc