News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler set - What engine?

Started by New ChooChoo, December 16, 2011, 12:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New ChooChoo

I just bought a NEW Big Hauler Set...The Silverado #90050. What generation engine can I expect to get in it? Will it be a generation 4 or 5. I know it wont be an Annie. I can HOPE though...LOL

Loco Bill Canelos

Your Silverado set came out in 1995, All the Silverado sets have the latest Version five chassis, which is the same as the one in the Annie.   You loco does not have the metal running gear and metal detail parts that an Annie does, but the insides are just the same.  If you take  good care of it it should give you great service.!!

Enjoy your new loco.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

New ChooChoo

Well it arrived yesterday! I was excited to say the least. When I opened the door there was the box....OR what was left of it by the postal service!!!!! With tons of tape everywhere, I knew this couldn't be good. I brought it in and opened what was left of the box. All the track was gone except for five pieces and they were damaged beyond usage. Luckily it looked like the train was OK. I just now got done unpacking it and it is indeed OK. I can replace the track but sending it ALL back, including the train would have been a major repacking job! I cant see how the postal service managed to tear open the box and lose half of the bottom. Next time I'll specify a different delivery service.

on30gn15

:o :'(

There has got to be a way to file a claim on a $400 product.

Quote from: New ChooChoo on December 24, 2011, 10:54:13 AMI cant see how the postal service managed to tear open the box and lose half of the bottom.
Maybe someone wanted what was in there.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

New ChooChoo

Wow! I set up the train last night on what track I have and was impressed with what I heard. I had a Big Hauler Royal Blue Line some years ago but the chuff sounds never sounded like the one this engine has. I even upgraded the chuff on the Blue set and it still wouldn't compare to this Silverado set. I can live with this chuff sound. I do want to ADD a whistle and bell to this engine. I am finding that some sound modules might not handle the Large Scale. Soundtraxx is rated only at 1amp and they said  they would not recommend using it in the LS. Digitrax on the other hand has a motor and function decoder rated at 5 amps....the DG583S. They told me I could ADD sound with the SFX004 Soundbug by connecting it to the left and right rail wires. The sound would only be from a generic steam engine. AND keep in mind I do want to keep the price of all this within reason... Anyideas anyone?
Thanks!