News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Confusing versions of locos and cars

Started by philkeys, December 25, 2011, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

I buy big haulers and fix them, repair them, part them out on Evil Bay people email me and ask What generation DRIVE TRAIN it has I tell them based on the list that has become the excepted "STANDARD" Except it... everyone else has.

Or maybe you could come up with your own chaotic version list based on the details

Shoot now you have me thinking I have a black Iphone 3gs my wife has a white 3gs   but is it really a 3gs? its white! shoot maybe mines not a 3gs it's black!
shoot it seemed so clear what I had before, I guess I'm going to APPLE tomorrow and ask them which generation is which, they cant be the same generation one is white and one is Black... DOH!

NM-Jeff

Jon D. Miller

Quoteand..IMO the new Gen 7 should also *not* be called "Annie"!
because the Annie is the "10th Anniversary edition" only..came out in the year 2000.
The new one cant logically be called "Annie"..but that is probably a losing battle!

[/img]

This is a picture of the end flap on a new Version 6 Anniversary Big Hauler received 12-23-2011.  Bachmann still designates its more highly detailed Big Hauler as the Anniversary model.  Sure works for Bachmann.

Just don't confuse Scotty with facts.   ;)  

Seems like the majority of folks understand the reasoning behind the Version designations.  The designations work so why muddy the water with all these variations that have no meaning?  But at least this all gives Scotty something to do. ;)

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

scottychaos

FINALLY! some clarity in this issue!  ;D
I asked ages ago if anyone knew what Bachmann themselves called the locos internally..
I was very curious to know, because it would solve the whole question..
no one knew..until now!
man, its about time! ;)
we can finally put this matter to rest..thanks Jon!  ;D
(your unnecessary rude snarkyness aside, im glad you posted that)

Turns out George Schrarers initial post about "Six Generations" from 10 years ago:
"The 6th generation is the "10th Anniversary Edition" (aka "Annie") version"
is what caused all this..he was simply wrong! (he thought it had a different motor)
and that led to people calling the Annie "Gen 6" all this time..
glad its finally cleared up!

I still dont agree that the motor and gearing alone should be enough..
but before now we were only working with personal opinions..(even Loco Bill)..
and opinions are not facts..
but now Bachmann has spoken..so there it is.

Scot

Jon D. Miller

Scotty,

Quote(your unnecessary rude snarkyness aside, im glad you posted that)

You think that was "Snarky" I held back on what I really wanted to post. ::)

I only posted the picture of the box end flap to show that Bachmann refers to the more highly detailed 10-Wheeler as the Anniversary locomotive.

You need to get out more!  Since the Anniversary Big Hauler's introduction Bachmannn has always advertised this locomotive in its catalogs as the Anniversary edition.  The end flaps on boxes that contain the Anniversary locomotive have always carried the Anniversary designation.  So the picture was no great revelation! :)

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

scottychaos

Well, maybe calling the new one an "Anniversary" edition has been known for awhile..
but no one knew Bachmann was also calling it "Version 6" until you posted the photo just today..
thats really the big story here..because that's what the main debate has been about all along..whether or not it was also considered "anniversary" was quite secondary..but thats also good to know!  ;D

Scot

Sleeping Bear

Dude......just stop already.....

later....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Bucksco

This thead is being "locked" due to it going down a negative path. Please try to play nicely folks.