News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Emily or Salty?

Started by thomasfreak5, December 29, 2011, 02:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasfreak5

im buying a new set to add on to mine but im stuck between the Emily set and the Salty set.
Emily is crafted beautifully
Salty is the classic salty we know & love.

so help me decide. let me know the good and the bad of each set.

im also ordering Diesel. ;D
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

branmas

Hmmmm, I don't know. I'd suggest go for the cheapest one.

Cirkit:)

Hmm.. With Emily you get her  and her two coaches, and that's it really.

With Salty you get the little diesel and a variety of rolling stock.

It's a tough choice between the two. Personally, I'd go with Salty. More variety with his goods means more variety to add to the layout.

Diesel sounds great too. :)

Just go with your gut on the choice, and you'll be fine.
-Cirkit:)

RW James

Salty

I agree Emily is a beautiful locomotive, but I've heard she doesn't have much power
Rick

BillingsRR

Salty seems to come with more varity and gives you more for your dollar. So, I would suggest Salty, but if you want to complete the "Steam Team", Emily is your gal :P

Cheeky_ULP

If you can weather him, go with Salty. If not, go with Emily.

RW James

Quote from: Sparks on December 29, 2011, 08:58:21 PM
If you can weather him, go with Salty. If not, go with Emily.
You're right! I never noticed that before... I wonder why Bachmann didn't make him pre-weathered?

At any rate - weathering is not that hard.
Rick

BillingsRR

Because kids like shiny and glossy, not dirty and grimy.

Calebtrain

I would go with Salty, he comes with more cars, and he is MUCH stronger than Emily. Emily can just about pull her coaches and that's IT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

PasqualeCS96

Salty definately, plus you get the discontinued 6 ton wagon that only comes in that set.

MetaDude27

I'd go with the Salty set, as well. 1) Because he comes with more rolling stock, including the discontinued 6 ton wagon as PasqualeCS96 stated, and 2) because he comes with an exclusive custom conductor figure.

RW James

If you're interested, the 6 ton wagon is still available at some stores - for instance:
http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=160Thomas&offset=50&ID=200486073
Rick

MetaDude27

Oh, I know. I just thought a train set that comes with a somewhat rare piece of rolling stock would be more interesting than a set that comes with an easy-to-find engine and easy-to-find coaches.

NiteFox

I had used my Christmas money for the Emily set.  She and her coaches are very beautifly made, but she has no power.  She has a hard time gettign up a low-grade hill with just her coaches.  I recomend Salty. Like others before me, you get a variety of rolling stock, plus Salty.  With the Emily set, it's just her and the coaches. A wee bit boring, no? I had a hard time deciding myself between the Thomas and Emily set, and I just went with what I wanted. Flip a coin, but you decide. They both have their own flaws.

RW James

Too bad about her performance - but she is a beauty. You might consider adding some weight in whatever voids you can find. I did that with James and greatly improved performance.
Rick