Hi All first post and a question?

Started by NS Glider, January 07, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS Glider

Hello I have been lurking here for a while and finally joined. Got back into the hobby this year after 2 years of working on a shelf layout / display. Slowly working to get the accessories and such up and running but I do have a WBB Norfolk Southern Dash 9 pulling some freight around. My question is got some high brights put in the Dash and got them for the WBB caboose. Problem is not sure how the darn thing comes apart. Thank you

phillyreading

On the older Williams engines there are small screws(at least two per side) that need to be taken out, near the wheel sets, in order to take the shell off the frame of the engine.
Not sure what type of light bulb is in the new Williams.

Lee F.

NS Glider

Thank you for the reply phillyreading. Yes got the bulbs changed out in the Dash problem is can not figure out the caboose it looks like it is a snap in fit with the base but do not want to break the ends off. Tried the screw on the rear of the caboose and the wheel set dropped down. There is 1 or 2 screws in the center of the caboose figured that is the light assembly mount.

DominicMazoch

Usually a 12 V bayonet type (no screw)

I have been changing mine out to the LED typs.  Less heat build up in tight places.

NS Glider

Yeah 12 Volt BA9S got 120 degree LED bulbs for a nice price. Could not find anything locally to get more light at low speeds. Gonna have to give the removal of the caboose shell to change its bulbs tomorrow. Thanks

NS Glider

Well got the lights changed out in the caboose. Was on the right track the first time. Had to remove the fore and aft screws on the shell and off it came. Thanks for the help all.

DominicMazoch

It is easier to work those screws with a magnet which energizes the screwdriver.