News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upgrading your older engines.

Started by Ivo Hugh, January 09, 2012, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivo Hugh

Hello Bachmann. Since this is the tenth year of your Thomas and Friends range, you should consider doing something big with the older models in your range. And when looking at say..... Diesel compared to Thomas, the two look as if their from different companies. Definitely give the older models all the new hooks and buffers like used on the Scottish Twins and Diesel (Which I will call tidbits). I'll give a good list on what's extra to do.

Thomas: He was Bachmann's first model, and a near perfect one. Along with the new tidbits, I suggest only giving him a front coupler, and giving him a new face.

Percy: Here's one big one. Percy needs the new tidbits, a front coupler, a new face, a hook and brake pipe on the back side, placing the cab footsteps underneath the footplate instead of on the side, and making the coal bunker smaller, and in black.

James: Your licenser is giving you different information on your G Scale James compared to your HO on. Ever noticed that? He needs his typical tidbits, a front coupler, a new face, black paint on his wheels and the section of the smoke box, red paint on the back of his tender, and opening the cab up just a little bit. (At least making the windows see-through.

Henry: Not too big, but still needs retooling. Give Henry the tidbits, black lamp irons, and make the tender taller. (To where it is up to his cab roof)

Gordon: A much easier one. Just give him the typical tidbits and black lamp irons.

Toby: Give him the new tidbits.

I hope you will take notice to these as us modelers want accurate looking models. The look of some of these older models are making us want to go for the incredibly expensive Hornby products. And this is also a good way to bring in money, as people will go out and buy the update versions of these models to replace their old ones. Please, we would greatly appreciate it.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.