News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 On30 wish list

Started by Royce Wilson, January 11, 2012, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S. Calloway

A larger shay, Near where I live these shays were everywhere in the woods working for the W.M. Ritter lumber company. They were big shays for narrow gauge,but they looked great!

Anubis

I second that!

I love Shays, but the existing T-boiler is (in my opinion) a spindly-looking excuse for some of the beefier Shays that so dominated the private logging and mining lines.

Let's have some bulk and strength as our motive power!

Shays Rock!

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

S. Calloway

Yep... That's it.  Those little T-boiler shays would have never made it here in Western North Carolina! Or East Tennessee! The lumber was heavy and the grades were tough by any standards.      :o

fredlove2laugh

Ya know wht? I think that the boiler on the forney (from smoke to fire box) is excellent. But I'm not sure I like the forney. Maybe you guys (Bachmann) could use the boiler on a model that looks like this: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20279&whichpage=29. Something small, but nice looking.

Fred

caddy54

wouldn,t a 2-6-2 tank loco be a nice addition to the fleet

Tomcat

Well, folks,

a bigger and more "modern" Shay would be to my taste.

Apart from the several brass models, there are not that much On3/On30 shays on the market.
I had converted two Bachmann Shays with the brass kits from Keith Wiseman to Gilpin lookalikes and the other to a 1920 style shay, which changes everything.

C´mon Bachmann you can do it. Give those ol´ Loggers out there another geared engine...
I would love to see a WSLco shay...

or, what about a 2-6-6-2 logger like your Fn3 model? That would make my day...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Royce Wilson

I think a larger shay would be no problem if Bachmann solves the gear problem and a three truck climax ans WOW!,just put a four whell bogie under the present caboose and it will change the whole model

Don't forget the RGS 74 and the Msaon Bogie.

Royce Wilson

rdftrain

Definitely want a 3 cylinder shay. The one Bachmann made in large scale would be perfect as far as I am concerned.

Anubis

I heard that, rdftrain!!

Are you listening too, Bach-Man?  ??? ???

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

brownbr

I would be happy just to get a locomotive that runs right out of the box without having to call parts to fix it before it even makes a run around the layout.  I would even pay more for this.  Hear that BMann?  I'd pay more for a reliable loco.

RGS Goose

Hi Everyone,
Even though I model the Colorado Railroads, I would love to see Bachmann do the Tasmanian Garrat, K-1 that has been fully restored, and is running on the Welsh Highlands Railway.
It is a nice neat little loco, and would be similar in size to a lot of what Bachmann has donealready.
It is also NOT a gear driven loco so that should eliminate THAT problem!!
I believe it was the first Garratt, so would probably arouse a lot of interest.
RGS Goose.

ebtnut

I think a Garrett would be a neat item, though it would be largely aimed at the international market.  I'll put in another plug for a small, non-Colorado 2-8-0 - the Lawndale locos No. 4 and No. 5.  They were built in the early 1900's and lasted into the late 1940's.  Go here for a pic:  http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll22/id/76949/rec/6

slack

EBT 2-8-2 and EBT rolling stock

Stevelewis

I second  the  Tasmanian Garratt!!  ( wouldnt  mind  the  South African one  either  but  they  are  a bit  larger!!)  These  locos  run  on one of my local railways!!  The  Welsh Highland!

Totally off  topic  there is  another  Garratt currently in the development  stage, due  out later  this  year but it in  UK  00 gauge  and is a large 2-6-6-2  BR ( Ex LMS) loco.  see  www.ehattons.com   click on Heljan on home page.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

tfman

I would love to have a On30 scale Christmas Gandy Dancer... and maybe another tank car (Peppermint stripped and lettered up as Nonnie's Peppermint flavored Cocoa Syrup... Nonnie is my "Mrs Christmas") LOL