News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 On30 wish list

Started by Royce Wilson, January 11, 2012, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BEAR

Hey Guys,

I too would Love to have a Tendered 2-6-2 Prairie, a wood cab and an oil lamp head light but no tanks making my engine UGLY.
I have also been begging for Years to have an On30 gandy dancer. I would buy 2 if we had a Christmas one and a MOW vehicle type with workers/inspectors.

Enjoy,
   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Royce Wilson

I once was told that there is no such thing as a ugly narrow gauge steam engine. I like any steam,bring it on Bachmann!

Oh,what is a On30 gandy dancer? :D

Royce

BIG BEAR

Royce,

Here is Bachmanns Gandy Dancer AKA Hand Car in Large scale:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=717

Enjoy,
   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Royce Wilson

Dave Grandt of Grandt once built a On3 brass powered handcar with moveable figures. Bob Brown featured it in the Gazette one year.
Thanks for the reply.
Royce ;D

Royce Wilson

Forgot to add that Keith Wiseman offeres the old Durango Press On3 handcar and it is beautiful and definetly worth the price!
The model is easly gauged to On30 and is made of white metal and wood. You will need a pin vise and a set of drill bits, but it is a fun kit to build and adds intrest to any scene.
Keith has reintroduced most all of the old classic kits and he has even worked out the bugs for you.

Royce

FrankS

Hi Guys,
Naturally, as I'm frpom Tasmania, I'd love a Tasmanian Garratt,
BUT,
I think thats, almost certainly 'A Wish Too Far"  :)
But, hopefully, a wish that's within the realms of possibility would be for a On30 version of the HO scale Jackson Sharp Open-Sided Excursion Car with Seats.

Anubis

Hi Frank S,

Well, I'm from Melbourne, and I'de love to see a Tasmanian Garratt too!!

And while we're on the subject of Tasmania, why not a yummy 0-4-0 pannier tank, like the ones running on the West Coast Wilderness Railway abt-rack line?

:D :D :D :D
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

dto

Precision Scale Co., Inc. also has On3 Buda Type I handcar kits, either in brass or plastic.  They can be regauged to On30.  I purchased the plastic version, and the detail is very fine.  However, even though both kits are described a "working", I think even the brass handcar might be too fragile for usage.  See:

http://psc1.virtualfocus.com/cgi-bin/VirtualCatalog3/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-8585&SearchField=category&SearchFor=KIT-1X&template=kits.htx&hdr=On3%20Passenger/Freight%20Car%20Kits%20-%20Order%20Online%20Now!

Sorry for the absurdly long link -- instead go to Precision Scale's home page ( http://psc1.virtualfocus.com/ ), hit the "Kits" button, then choose "On3 Passenger/Freight" in the pulldown menu.

Hamish K

Anubis and Frank S

I am fron Canberra and I too would love a Tasmanian Garratt, but I don't think it is likely, although it would have some appeal in the UK as the surviving  2 foot gauge Garratt is on a preserved Welsh line. (It should be returned to Tasmania!)

With excursion cars I would prefer the other (non Jackson Sharpe) car made by Bachmann in HO,  but either, or preferably both, would be nice. 

Hamish

Royce Wilson

Hamish,don't leave out the Garrat. People on this side of the pond like them also and I use to see them kit bashed using the old HOn3 Round House 2-8-0's  in the 1980's in the Gazette and they were nice!
Don't forget that the Rio Grande once used a British engine so the Garrat would make a great ,what if model. ;D

Royce

rayport

...and with the release of the DCC/sound Porters we have the ideal power units for some small Garrats!

Dusten Barefoot

A 8-18d 2-6-0 would be Ideal to have for On30. The engine is easily convertable to a 4-4-0. It's like having two engines in one. I think On30 needs some RTR engines that are from the 1800s. It would match up with their rolling stock quite nicely. If B-mann continues to produce more modern equipment, then why not start updating the rollingstock as well? Even though I'm not a fan of more modernization, it would make more sense to match the engines with period rollingstock.

IMHO, I don't believe Bachmann would make an engine built by a different nation; but I can be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of a garrett engine, or anything that's not an alco, or baldwin built engine.

Rock On!
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

az2rail

Quote from: Dusten Barefoot on March 11, 2012, 02:07:34 PM
IMHO, I don't believe Bachmann would make an engine built by a different nation; but I can be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of a garrett engine, or anything that's not an alco, or baldwin built engine.

Rock On!
~Dusten

Bachmann is a world wide industry and already makes a whole line of European engines. A garratt would not be out of line to make. The problem is that it may not get marketed in the USA, and be hard to get.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

mmiller

I'd love to see a "common, standard" side-rod loco that wouldn't look out of place on any railroad from the East Coast to California...

nothing quirky, esoteric or funky, just a plain old steam engine...maybe something like the Georgetown Loop's No.12, maybe with a standard tender or (dare I say it) a D&RG Class 45 or 47 (later T-12)
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Royce Wilson

I would like to see the Southern Pacific diesel or one of the ten wheelers with a whale back tender.

Royce