News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Diesel troubles

Started by TrainFan97, October 11, 2012, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

I had my Diesel model since the beginning of July. No, I was not roughly playing with him, and my track is clean.

My Bachmann Diesel was randomly quickly stopping at times, so I thought I'd take off the part of the underside that holds the wheels. I was just trying to clean the wheels, then I screwed it back on, and seemed to move worse. He just totally stopped at random times. Then I tried to fix it again, but one of the copper things behind one of the wheels broke off, and now he doesn't move at all. I guess there's no way to get him fixed. I'll just have to spend my money on ANOTHER model.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

Did you have a tendency to run it for a long time, and often have it pull long trains? My Edward had issues after I did that. Bachmann models don't like to be overloaded or run for extensive amounts of time. Even the simple of mistake of leaving the controller on 5 or 10 to where they aren't moving, but the motor is on can cause issues with any model.

TrainFan97

Quote from: Sparks on October 11, 2012, 09:34:43 PM
Did you have a tendency to run it for a long time, and often have it pull long trains? My Edward had issues after I did that. Bachmann models don't like to be overloaded or run for extensive amounts of time. Even the simple of mistake of leaving the controller on 5 or 10 to where they aren't moving, but the motor is on can cause issues with any model.

I did play with him a lot, but I don't think I played with him longer than half an hour without giving him a break. I used 4-7 freight cars all the time.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.