News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E unit Troubles

Started by stubbsO, January 25, 2012, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stubbsO

This is a dual motored unit, it will only run in reverse and will not run forward. Doing the sequence it goes thru the motions but won't power but the lights lite so I know there power there. Hope I don't need a new E-unit. Any ideas? Thanks

phillyreading

Does it cycle to nuetral or not? If not it may be wired wrong. You may need to go to the wiring diagram for help to wire it correctly.

Lee F.

stubbsO

It goes through the cycles fine, just won't go in the forward position but the lights light. I haven't messed with any of the wiring and inspection of wires, everything checks fine.  It worked fine last winter when I last had it out.

3rail

StubbsO,

The only thing that I can suggest is that you make sure you press and hold the direction button for 1 full second after the unit comes to a complete stop between each sequence.  If it still does not work it sounds like it will need a new reverse board.  If you don't want to send it back you could get it running in forward only by swapping the postion of the wires on both motors (attach the blue where the yellow is currently attached and the yellow where the blue is currently attached.)

Regards,

3rail

r0gruth

Philly,

You might get more help if you stated what loco,type and brand,you are having problems with.
Roger

phillyreading

Quote from: r0gruth on February 01, 2012, 11:24:24 PM
Philly,

You might get more help if you stated what loco,type and brand,you are having problems with.

It is StubbsO that is having the problem! I am trying to give him a suggestion or two about possible cures.

Lee F.

stubbsO

No, it's toast! Even if I do what 3rail says flipping wires at the motor I still have to cycle the unit twice to get it to go, and with the wires flipped it goes forward instead of backwards. I either live with it or get a new E-unit. I have enough other stuff to do and this isn't that critical, was mostly looking for intell. Thanks all.