News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

I have no doubt Duck will be based on his looks from season 6-7 following the Donald and Douglas models before it.  He will probably be the last character to follow this trend, IMO.

What surprises me is his price on walthers is 85 dollars which is the same price as Donald/Douglas and Diesel...   Time to rely on Model Train Stuff or Whole Sale Trains.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Ivo Hugh

Well, think about it, according to Simon, Duck got a different funnel in Season 12, but all the funnels prior to that season are the same. So, regardless of which ark of seasons from 2-7, Duck will still have his Season 2 model. I'm guessing that Bachmann will go for that.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

MetaDude27

Besides his face designs, did Duck really change much from season 2 to season 7?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 23, 2012, 12:15:01 PM
Besides his face designs, did Duck really change much from season 2 to season 7?
The hue of green on his paintwork mainly. The edges on his body look a bit smoother (like all engines did in S6+).

Ivo Hugh

Alright, new mini topic: Bachmann has posted the official price of Duck, being $85.00. Now, I saw some earlier posts with people mentioning that Bachmann could just add a back coupler can reposition the eye mechanism on the Donald and Douglas chassis to use it for Duck. Do you think this could be possible?
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

TheJJ

It's definitely possible. Duck, Donald, and Douglas will all most likely use the same chassis or use Diesel's which ever is closer.

~Simply Epic~

Calebtrain

Quote from: JJ96 on February 23, 2012, 06:44:20 PM
It's definitely possible. Duck, Donald, and Douglas will all most likely use the same chassis or use Diesel's which ever is closer.

~Simply Epic~
Donald/Douglas' are much closer. Diesel's chasis would look absurd. (No offence)  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JJ96 on February 23, 2012, 06:44:20 PM

~Simply Epic~
Diesels chassis..? What? It's too small, and the wheel base is too thin. I've heard someone say this before and it baffles me.  ??? It'll be Donald and Douglas', no questions asked.

thomasj219

Of course it will, Diesels' is in no way similar except that he also has 3 wheels,
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 23, 2012, 10:12:39 PM
Of course it will, Diesels' is in no way similar except that he also has 3 wheels,
3 wheels on each side my friend or six wheels, a 3 wheeled engine doesn't quite sound right :P.

TheJJ

Okay Okay I didn't know geez. Calm Down lol Im still...
~Simply Epic~

thomasj219

Quote from: AJW98Productions on February 24, 2012, 10:23:12 AM
3 wheels on each side my friend or six wheels, a 3 wheeled engine doesn't quite sound right :P.

I kinda figured that was obvious... ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: thomasj219 on February 24, 2012, 03:42:33 PM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on February 24, 2012, 10:23:12 AM

I kinda figured that was obvious... ::)
Well maybe be abit more careful of you phrase things, this is not an attack berfore anyone sends a missel at me ;)

MetaDude27

Here's a good question. What do you all think of Duck's retail price? ($85.00) Sounds rather steep to me, but then again, so are the prices on all the Bachmann Thomas merchandise.

J70

Quote from: Sparks on February 23, 2012, 07:12:27 PMIt'll be Donald and Douglas', no questions asked.

With some minor tweaking, the D/D chassis looks spot on.

Jack