News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Bachmann Duck Thread

Started by MetaDude27, February 06, 2012, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eman627

thomasj219

Yeah that's on the front page, don't worry though. Although its odd he is not in there I have good reason to believe he will be seen at te convention.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

GTPS2

So, when are we gonna see a photo of Duck?

TrainFan97

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

MetaDude27

I was wondering. I know everyone says that Donald and Douglas' chassis could be used for Duck's model, but are Duck's and Donald/Douglas' chassises really 100% identical, or are there some minor differences?

Cheeky_ULP

The real lives prototypes are different, but for the TV show they're the same length/wheel spacing, likely for cost cutting reasons.

Calebtrain

Every time a see a post in this thread I get excited. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cirkit:)

Me too. Every day I keep expecting someone to upload video of Duck, partially finished, on display. It's nerve-wracking sometimes.

I hope he gets a proper face.. like the closed smile with the half-moon eyes. That was one of my favorite Duck faces back in the day. 

GTPS2

Quote from: Calebtrain on August 09, 2012, 06:04:58 PM

Same thing with me, and I hope we get to see a photo of Duck soon.

TrainFan97

Quote from: GTPS2 on August 09, 2012, 10:31:30 PM
Quote from: Calebtrain on August 09, 2012, 06:04:58 PM

Same thing with me, and I hope we get to see a photo of Duck soon.

We're ALL starting to get impatient! We already saw Large Emily.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cupix the Azelf

Don't we all get excited... we've been waiting a long time to see NWR's No. 8 get the accurate Bachmann treatment...
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Shawn

I want a hornby one really.  Don't kick me off the forum for that!  ;D. I feel the said has more nostalgia value.

Cupix the Azelf

Quote from: Shawn on August 10, 2012, 12:00:53 AM
I want a h****y one really.  Don't kick me off the forum for that!  I feel the said has more nostalgia value.

Well, if you want one so bad, why don't you look for one on Ebay or something? ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

thomasj219

I want a h****y one really.  Don't kick me off the forum for that!  I feel the said has more nostalgia value.

Putting h****y for HORNBY just brings more attention to the fact that you are mentioning another brand. It's no big deal just put the actual name, no one really cares you won't get banned. This is a forum for trains so as long as it is train related we can talk about it all we want, wether we are buying it from BACHMANN or not. BACHMANN is my personal favorite company. I feel they make the best products with the most detail and value, however I still recognize, as I'm sure BACHMANN does, that there are other companies, like HORNBY, with good products as well. So mentioning other brands is not some sort of betrayal it's just natural, because other brands exist.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Shawn

Thanks for that.  I'll modify my post.
Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on August 10, 2012, 12:32:00 AM
I want a hornby one really.  Don't kick me off the forum for that!  I feel the said has more nostalgia value.

Well, if you want one so bad, why don't you look for one on Ebay or something? ;)

Well... A hornby spencer is going to cost me $200,  and I JUST have enough for that!  So my wallet needs to recover before I can get one.