News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mute Function

Started by tsmit061, February 12, 2012, 11:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmit061

I bought a Bachmann diesel locomative recently.  The seller told me he had installed an MRC sound decoder in it.  When I got home, I put it on my program track to read the address that had been assigned to it.  I then placed it on the main, called up the address on my throttle, and it came to life.  However, I could not find which F function mutes the sound.  I went to MRC's website, but failed to find the information that I was seeking.  I'm sorry to say that I don't know what MRC decoder model it is, but any help would be appreciated.

rayport

I have not used an MRC decoder but F8 is the commonly used mute function.

tsmit061

Tried F8, but it seems to activate another sound function.  Both of my other sound equipped locos use F8 as the mute function.  Thanks anyway.

poliss

I looked at the manuals for two different MRC sound decoders. To turn the sound off you enter 0 into CV49.

tsmit061

By trial and error, I discovered by pressing F8 three separate times, it not only mutes the loco, but shuts it down too.

NarrowMinded

tsmit061,

It sounds as if the previous owner has the decoder set up with a manual "Notching" feature
This allows you to set the idle of the locomotive and shut it down, another f-key may/should be set to turn the engine on and set the idle/run rpm SOUND of the diesel engine.

Have you tried pressing another key to see if it starts? and then ramps up the sound rpms with each press?

NM-Jeff