My latest project...a Banta Modelworks laser kit.

Started by WoundedBear, February 16, 2012, 09:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

I always enjoy seeing other people's work here, and folks like Jonathan, Roger and GN2680 can be a true inspiration. I would like to share with you my latest build. I put the last two months into this, and finally got the write up done this afternoon.  My goal is to show people that a craftsman style kit is not all that scary, and with some basic tools and skills, most anyone can pull it off.

I hope you enjoy my efforts.

Click on the link below to view the complete build sequence, as well as shots of the completed model. The page is image intensive, so I apologize to anyone with a slow connection.

http://members.shaw.ca/wbearart/Banta_Everest_Country_Store.html

Here's one teaser pic...........

Sid

Jerrys HO

Sid

Nice work! I like to build structures also. They sure look better than the plastic models.

Jerry

jonathan

Sid,

Wow!  Went to your site and read the story with pics.  I had to remind myself this HO scale.  The detail is so nice, I kept thinking this has to be an O Scale scructure.  Great work!  Hope you'll share a pic of the building planted on your layout.

Thanks for giving us a peek.

Regards,

Jonathan

CNE Runner

Absolutely outstanding! The website was well written and concise. What is your next project?

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

wilson44512

Nice job. Where do you get kits like that. I'm a new guy to model railroading. And i would like to learn on how to work with the kits.

ryeguyisme

oh my would definitely like to see pics of the progress ;) ;)  I've been thinking about how those laser cuts come together

WoundedBear

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Jonathan and Ray........

I have nothing on the layout yet in the way of scenery. Been busy building structures. The next project is going to have to wait till next winter. Summer is rapidly approaching, and we have another race car to get built. I do have 4 JV Models' flat car kits that I am eager to get rolling, though.

wilson........

I bought this particular kit through Micro Mark, but pick up any issue of Railroad Model Craftsman or Narrow Guage and Short Line Gazette.....you will find numerous ads for them.

Ryeguy.....click the link...all the pics are there.

Sid

ryeguyisme

now I'm very much inspired to build some myself now D:

great work!!!!