News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJWPRODUCTIONS

They call me Sonic coz I am faster than sound I keep on jumping around. Blue hedgehog, Sonic, with incredible speed I keep on moving my feet-nah I'm just messin' with ya
Pictures:

There's a total of 19 and I had two more, but I couldn't upload them  >:( ggggrrrrrrrr.
Anyhoo enjoy :)
Edit:
Photos of the blades for my windmill kit that received repainting by me:

Be sure to comment and give friendly, constructive critisim ;).

MetaDude27

Your layout looks amazing! The castle ruins remind me of the ones seen in Season 2:

AJWPRODUCTIONS

when you get a closer look their not that close to the season 2 ones, I wasn't even going with thomas based design, I was going for a personal "real world" touch but thanks for the compliment, any constructive criticism for me to consider ;D ;) :) ?

Shawn

I don't like how dryaw station does not belong to me!

JWR3001

Have you given any thought to the buildings/scenery elements that you might position about the layout (other than the tents, station, castle & windmill)? Anything concrete as of yet?

I've just ordered a Wills Post Office Kit for my layout, as I feel its very "Sodor-esque" and fits the village concept very well. I also know that I'll be paving the road way around the layout with Woodlands Scenics Smooth-It, and I'll also be creating a Railway crossing at the far side of the layout with the same stuff.

JWR3001

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JWR3001 on July 18, 2012, 10:05:45 PM
Have you given any thought to the buildings/scenery elements that you might position about the layout (other than the tents, station, castle & windmill)? Anything concrete as of yet?

I've just ordered a Wills Post Office Kit for my layout, as I feel its very "Sodor-esque" and fits the village concept very well. I also know that I'll be paving the road way around the layout with Woodlands Scenics Smooth-It, and I'll also be creating a Railway crossing at the far side of the layout with the same stuff.

JWR3001
well since I'm working on a 6x4 foot I have some extra space up the front and on one side, so up the front I might build an extension over there to have platforms for dryaw on both sides of the railway line, and the road inside might be converted to an n guage track with a siding that leads into a tunnel so the engine can get home, and another section of n guage track up the front that goes to the side where an extension will be built with some sidings with freight and trucks, I decided somewhere on the layout harold is also going to have his own helipad, but most of this isn't concrete, but plausible ;) .
On a different note does anyone here know if there's anyone out there who sells skarloey railway engines and stock, like a few people used :) any help is greatly appreiciated :) .
Oh I almost forgot, on my layout there is a house which is just the hornby (thomas range) country station building :) .
Quote from: Shawn on July 18, 2012, 10:00:42 PM
I don't like how dryaw station does not belong to me!
Try ebay ;) .
EDIT:
More pictures? Blasphemy!
Not quite ;) .

The bridge

Where the windmill is going to be :)
More of the seemingly popular castle ruins:

Edward and the water tower
More windmill blades:

The repainted blades and the box
The windmill's box:

Thomas and the trucks:

Points if you can get the engine in the back ground of the last one.
Be sure to check me out on imageshack, my username is AJW98Productions :) ;) ;D .

DinoNTrains

Did you add that lamp on top of Thomas? It's a really nice touch :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Calebtrain

Quote from: DinoNTrains on July 19, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
Yes, he did. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Calebtrain on July 19, 2012, 07:29:08 PM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on July 19, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
Yes, he did. :)
I happened to have a broken bachmann thomas lying around a while back, so I thought, I can use some parts for cool stuff, and thanks I like it when people appreiciate my work :) ;) ;D .
Note the dark blue blur in the backround, any guesses as to who that might be ;) ?

DuckFan45

WittmanStudios

Hello,
I must say the layouts I have seen are wonderful, each and everyone. I am starting a layout myself here pretty quick and I will make it "Thomas" themed. Your layouts are kind of, inspirations to what I can possibly put on my layout. Like I said before, great layouts, love each one.

Alex Wittman (Wittman Studios)

branmas

I thought it was Gordon for a moment.  :D :D

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: SonicSpeed on July 20, 2012, 12:33:58 AM
I thought it was Gordon for a moment.  :D :D
Nope it's the fastest steam train in the world, but in HO and in his LNER Garter Blue with red wheels livery (YES!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

JWR3001

Quote from: AJW98Productions on July 19, 2012, 08:28:34 PM
Note the dark blue blur in the backround, any guesses as to who that might be ;) ?

James? :D

Seriously though, the layout is coming along nicely...sounds like you have some very ambitious plans for your layout (although I seriously doubt you'll find any N gauge Skarloey Railway stock for sale--sorry).

I also notice that your Windmill Kit comes with the stuff needed to motorise it (which is a whole lot more than I can say for the Dapol Windmill)...I must say I'm looking forward to seeing that happen once its completed.

Quote from: WittmanStudios on July 19, 2012, 08:50:14 PM
Hello,
I must say the layouts I have seen are wonderful, each and everyone. I am starting a layout myself here pretty quick and I will make it "Thomas" themed. Your layouts are kind of, inspirations to what I can possibly put on my layout. Like I said before, great layouts, love each one.

Alex Wittman (Wittman Studios)

Don't forget to check out Youtube, a lot of members here (as well as a few others who are not members) have videos of their Thomas layouts on Youtube, some of them are very nice indeed!

JWR3001