Main Menu

The Layout Thread

Started by SodorAdventures, February 22, 2012, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

ThomasFan2013

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS on December 25, 2012, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 25, 2012, 04:10:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Here are some updates on my layout. :)

My dockyard:

I recieved two Tidmouth Shed expansion packs and Knapford Station for Christmas:

Here's Thomas and Gordon at Knapford and Henry testing the added stalls:

My layout as of now:

What do you think? And once again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D
Very good Layout DinoNtrains, the sheds and knapford look wonderful. Merry christmas to everyone and a happy new year as well :D .

Wow! How big is that layout?

DinoNTrains

ThomasFan2013, my layout uses two 4x8's made into a "T". Plus, there is a small wedge at the right corner, as shown in the last photo you shared there :) Now I forgot, do you have a layout shown on this thread?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

ThomasFan2013

Quote from: DinoNTrains on July 18, 2013, 02:10:15 PM
ThomasFan2013, my layout uses two 4x8's made into a "T". Plus, there is a small wedge at the right corner, as shown in the last photo you shared there :) Now I forgot, do you have a layout shown on this thread?

Does  showing my Ffarquhar layout plans count? because I have mine here:
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b560/TGF012/FFarquhar_zps4419361f.jpg?t=1374173731

DinoNTrains

PaulGWR

I know that there are body kits available for most of the talyllyn engines to run on N scale track. These could be adapted into the Skarloey engines easily but the only problem is that the don't come with chassis and you have to buy them separately.   

ThomasFan247

Here's a short video showcasing the final section of the layout: Tidmouth. Hope you enjoy this RWS-based location :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDHjIP9R9Y

AJW98Productions

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on August 04, 2013, 10:52:59 AM
Here's a short video showcasing the final section of the layout: Tidmouth. Hope you enjoy this RWS-based location :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDHjIP9R9Y
WOW just WOW. Words do not begin to describe the sheer awesomeness of that layout, I see that a lot of work must have gone into it, and you should be very pleased with the result :).

And since my profile picture is of Vegeta:
The awesomeness level is over nine THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

ThomasFan247

Thank you very much! Very glad you enjoyed it ;D

DinoNTrains

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting pics of my layout for months :P I've had a rather busy summer. So anyway, here are some pics I took today:

You'll see white Styrofoam track risers under the outside tracks. They're making my hill/mountain for my layout. I'm actually going to get a couple more sets of them and make a second incline for the inside track.

Due to the track risers protruding outwards, I moved Strickland Propane to the inside loop.

Here's Percy trying out the hill. He made it up the hill well, and even did so with a train of four Troublesome Trucks and a Brakevan.

Now here's Thomas with Annie and Clarabel. If you're wondering why there's a big gap between the risers, it's because I'm going to place another bridge there (like the truss bridge in the inner loop).

See the curved turnout near the bottom of the photo? It will lead to some sidings. I was initially going to place in a quarry or mine, but recently, I changed my mind. I now want to make it a yard.

So what do you think? And about the track risers in awkward places (as in not connected correctly), that's only because I just put them on to test them out. When my dad and I start work on that end of the layout, we'll make sure they're in correctly.

PaulGWR

I am planning a new layout that is based from plans from an old MR, it's a small logging layout ( but not Misty Island ) that I'll take to expositions and run, so it'll be small, I will try to post photos when building it though, so keep an eye out. ;)

BTW DinoNTrains, Your layout looks amazing, great job!  :)

DinoNTrains

Cheeky_ULP

A minor bump for this thread, my new 4x8 layout in the works.

This layout plan consists of Dryaw Station, and a goods yard seen in "Percy, James and the Fruitful Day."

I'll be posting updates on the layout on my blog at http://sodorblog.blogspot.com/, which is where I'll also post and archive simple, easy-to-do Thomas themed layout plans.

SodorAdventures

Coming along nicely, and great idea with the blog! Just a question, what is the Nissen Hut?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

thomasj219

A Nissen Hut is a steel building in the shape of a half cylinder, in other words an airplane hanger. I'm assuming for Dryaw Airfield  :) very nice.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.