News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Inside Frame 4-4-0 American

Started by Anubis, February 23, 2012, 06:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Hi guys,

I have just received my Bachmann Inside Frame 4-4-0 American Steam Locomotive, and I must say that I am very impressed!

The first thing that I noticed about it was just how diminutive that it is!  :o

It was only when I got it onto the rails, and saw it sitting between my Forney and one of my Porters that it struck me that it was quite a bit smaller than the Forney, and not much taller than the Porter....

What a gorgeous little THANG!!! (I can't call it "CUTE" can I???) :D :D

It runs really well on my little straight DC layout. Pulls four loaded coal hoppers with ease.

Thank you Bachmann!!!

There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

BIG BEAR

Anubis,

I agree the li'l American is just gorgeous. I own 2 of them. I am trying to figure a way to get a couple more, but alas the Chief Financial Officer of the railroad is quite tight lately as the bad economy has hit here too.
    I like to run one pulling a freight consist of 4-6 cars and the other pulling a Passenger consist of 5 cars. They do either with great ease while looking beautiful doing so. They also look great running next to the many Moguls I own.
    I also want to thank Bachmann for making, IMHO the most beautiful engine made in any scale, the On30-American.

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

dutchbuilder

I agree it's a very nice classical looking american lokomotive.
It looks very tiny next to my two K27's
I have transplanted the sound decoder, from my Porter, with a real speaker (1")
looks and sounds even beter than before.
Ton

az2rail

You guys are getting me excited. I just purchased an out-side framed one. I can't wait to get it.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.