The Projects & Works In Progress Thread

Started by Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine, February 25, 2012, 06:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetaDude27

They look awesome! Keep up the good work. :)

Narrowgauge111

lol, I haven't even gotten diesel yet, and your buying extras to chop up and make customs out of?! I need to go to a hobby store... ;D

JWR3001

Splatter & Dodge are looking great Stepney. Just saw the latest photos on your Facebook page--the weathering makes a world of difference (I must say, before the weathering, something about the models just didn't seem right to me). Can't wait until the lettering arrives!  ;)

Got some photos to share with you all of the Classic Series 1 Windmill project I'm currently working on (made from a Dapol Windmill Kit).

I took a bit of creative license with the paint colours--the reference photos I used to paint the model are quite old, its very difficult to tell what colours were used on the original model. At any rate, I'm sure a bit of proper weathering when its finished will greatly improve its appearance.

Until next time,

JWR3001

ThomasFan247

The windmill is coming along beautifully. I can't wait to see the finished product :)

RW James

I have the same Dapol kit (unbuilt) with the same plan - so I'm looking forward to see how this turns out. Good job so far.
Rick

Cheeky_ULP

Will you be putting a motor in it to make the fans move?

JWR3001

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.

Quote from: Sparks on July 13, 2012, 12:50:18 PM
Will you be putting a motor in it to make the fans move?

I thought about this before the project and yes, I will be motorising it at one point, but not yet. I'll wait until the layout has developed a bit more before I get around to it (hopefully by then I'll have the money and knowledge to do it--I really have no clue on how to go about it right now  :P ). I'll just be building the structure for now.

JWR3001

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Even with a motor, in that case, best windmill EVER, which reminds me I need to work on mine sometime soon, I've just been sick and on a holiday for 2 weeks, so only just got back about 2 hours ago :) ;D

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Double post, please deal with it ;).
Some Pictures of the castle ruins on my layout, I didn't know where else to put them. I'll take some better pictures soon but this is all I've got at the moment :) :P

GTPS2

For those of you that has seen my Season 1 Truck should know that I'm going to work on two new projects.

Custom made Troublesome Truck(Using a Cargo Car with a face from one of the Wooden Giggling Troublesome Trucks)
1:64th scaled version of John Tanner's Dodge Callenger R/T from Driver San Francisco(Using a Hot Wheels 1970 or 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T)

But I want to ask someone about Tanner's Dodge Challenger from Driver San Francisco.

Should I buy Hot Wheels' 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T or the 1971 version, cuz the Challenger in Driver San Francisco was a 1970 model painted yellow with black racing stripes, a big engine and a black wing?

Photo of Tanner's Challenger:

Photo showing the wing:

You might not have played Driver San Francisco, but you can see how the Dodge Challenger looked like in that game.

I also need to know which Challenger R/T made by Hot Wheels should I buy to make it look like the one from Driver San Francisco? The 1970 version, or the 1971 version?

Photo of Hot Wheels 1970 Dodge Challenger:

Photo of Hot Wheels 1971 Dodge Challenger(Notice the wing on this model):

Narrowgauge111

I HAVE played this game before (quite a few time) and id say repaint the green '71: it has the black hood scoop that Tanners has as well

JWR3001

Quote from: AJW98Productions on July 17, 2012, 10:40:15 AM
Some Pictures of the castle ruins on my layout, I didn't know where else to put them. I'll take some better pictures soon but this is all I've got at the moment :) :P

Looks good...the positioning is good and the painting looks like it went off without any trouble. You've also weathered it pretty good, which is more than I can say for any of my projects.  ;)

I also notice that you've also got the Hornby Dryaw station on your layout... ;D

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

JWR3001

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JWR3001 on July 18, 2012, 12:06:58 AM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on July 17, 2012, 10:40:15 AM

Looks good...the positioning is good and the painting looks like it went off without any trouble. You've also weathered it pretty good, which is more than I can say for any of my projects.  ;)

I also notice that you've also got the Hornby Dryaw station on your layout... ;D

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more photos soon!

JWR3001
Actually no, I used two greys and the trouble was which should be the base, and then I did some weathering when the paint was too fresh and it was a nightmare and yeah the hornby dryaw was always my station of choice ;).

JWR3001

Really? Oh well, it isn't fun if its too easy! At least it turned out well in the end (at least, judging from the photos).

JWR3001