Will all roadnames of the 4-8-2 light Mt be upgraded?

Started by gbcaboose, February 26, 2012, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbcaboose

I don't know it the "Bach-Man" actually reads all of the topics but I have a question about the "newer" 4-8-2 light mountains.

I spoke with a dealer the other day and he said the last order of Light Mountains he got in were upgraded. They had an operating rear coupler and were more DCC friendly. I saw on Spookshow's locomotive Encyclopedia site that the traction has improved tremendously in the "new run". Now the big question. The UP and Unlettered are the only two the dealer I spoke with said were upgraded. Does Bachmann have plans to upgrade the other road names too, or possibly  release the 4-8-2 light in new road names? I would really like to get the NC&StL but I'm gonna wait for the upgrade, if I can. I know there's a lot of 4-8-2 "shelf Queens" out there because of the traction, but hopefully Bachmann will roll out the some more upgraded locomotives to get things rolling again.

Thanks, Mike

Source:  http://www.visi.com/~spookshow/bachmann482.html

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
Any time an item is rerun it has all available upgrades.  If these roadnmaes are done again they will be no exception.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bc6

Quote from: the Bach-man on February 27, 2012, 12:36:21 AM
Dear Mike,
Any time an item is rerun it has all available upgrades.  If these roadnmaes are done again they will be no exception.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

How can you tell if you have an upgraded light mountain?

skipgear

There will be 6 wires between the loco and tender and it will have operating knuckle couplers.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950