News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann QJ 2-10-2 availability

Started by scoobster28, February 29, 2012, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobster28

I am searching for one of these models and not having any luck. Might anyone know whether there are any still languishing in a hobby shop, or elsewhere? Does Bachmann have any plans to rerelease them sometime? Also, what variations did Bachmann produce?

I tried searching the Bachmann China site but as a non-Chinese speaker I couldn't navigate it very well.

Thanks.
Ben

richg

No idea what you did for a search but I just found some, sound and non sound.

Rich

bobwrgt

There are some listed on Ebay. I got one thru Ebay England(UK) some time ago. Very pleased with it.

Go to Chinesemodeltrains.com and they have reviews of the engines with photos.

Bob

Pacific Northern

These are few and far between in North America. Check Asian or European sites.

I have some of the SY 2-8-2's and I am very impressed.

The level of finish is far more the typical Spectrum finish. Super speed control.
Pacific Northern

richg

Amazon.com has them and they actually come from the Favorite Spot. You should always check the Favorite Spot. They handle a lot of Bachmann. I buy from the Favorite Spot and many other things from Amazon.com.
There are at least a couple other places if you take time to do a serious search.

Rich

Doneldon

scoob-

You can also check Walthers. They are probably out of stock but they'll tell
you which retailers have ordered them and then you can check directly with
those stores.
                      - D

richg

Forgot to mention, they are about $96.00, DCC on board. Someone has them with sound for around $200.00.

Rich

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

You could also check models11.com. They are about $357-$380-$390 and models11 is based out of Texas.

bobwrgt

He is looking for a 2-10-2 not a 2-8-2.  They are harder to find in the USA.

scoobster28

Thanks for all of the replies, but now I am more confused. I did a search at Amazon under "Favorite Spot" but only came across AMERICAN prototype 2-10-2 engines, not the Chinese QJ.

I will need to check other foreign EBay sites then. The Models11 did have them but for more then I can afford.

Thanks all for your help!

richg

Quote from: Rangerover1944 on March 01, 2012, 12:48:50 PM
"The Favorite Spot"
http://www.thefavoritespot.com/
Jim

Some here including me have missed the fact he is looking for the    
Bachmann QJ 2-10-2 availability. That is the Chinese version.
I searched ebay, Worldwide  for  Bachmann QJ 2-10-2 and nothing.
This loco is radically different than the American 2-10-2.
Do a Google search.

Rich

bobwrgt

richg

Just do a worldwide search for Bachmann QJ and you will come up with 5 of them. On Ebay

In have one and they are as nice as the American Spectrum models. Larger and run smooth as glass. Plenty of detail. Took me a few years to get at a good price.

Bob

richg

I had searched ebay and came up empty. Porbably used the wrong combination of words.
I just used Bachmann QJ 2-10-2 in the HO section and nothing.
I see 15 ressults for Bachmann 2-10-2 but I did not see any QJ's.
I quickly scanned though all 15 but might have missed a QJ.

Rich

ryeguyisme

Quote from: richg on March 01, 2012, 07:44:29 PM
I had searched ebay and came up empty. Porbably used the wrong combination of words.
I just used Bachmann QJ 2-10-2 in the HO section and nothing.
I see 15 ressults for Bachmann 2-10-2 but I did not see any QJ's.
I quickly scanned though all 15 but might have missed a QJ.

Rich

I bought one at trainworld for $160 back in 2005 when they were still selling them, its tucked away somewhere I'd really like to get my hands on it. The QJ pops up on ebay occasionally i see them go for $100-300 sometimes. I loved watching videos of these engines

did you try "search descriptions"