Metal Handrails for Big-Hauler Jackson-Sherpe Coaches

Started by Don Gilham, March 02, 2012, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Gilham

Does anyone know, please, of anywhere I can get metal replacements for the useless plastic handrails that inhabit the ends of the coaches ?  Thanks  :)

Loco Bill Canelos

The newer cars come with metal handrails, and track powered lighting, so it might  be possible to, get some from Bachmann. I would at least try.  There is or was a third party maker, but my memory totally fails me on who it was.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

Trackside Details makes metal replacement handrails, and I believe Hartford Products does as well. Don't recall the product numbers off hand.

Later,

K

Wade Colyer

Don Gilham

Thanks guys.....

Hey BACCHY what's the deal on getting replacement metal handrails, please ??

Loco Bill Canelos

Don,

The Bach-man will not know, he is not located in Philly, best to call the 800 number and ask for the Parts Dept.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

rslater

Look up ana.kramer (seller) on ebay.  Al is always listing these for the coaches and observations at reasonable prices.

Rick

Sleeping Bear

Al is a good guy to deal with, have gotten several things...including metal hand rails, from him. Almost always has them on there. He is and has been highly recommended.     Later All.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Don Gilham

Yup I've bought a lot of O scale (2-rail) stuff from Al, he's a really reliable dealer.  And thanks again, guys, fo r all your help (esp the Evilbay link !!)