News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 Catalog - F3's

Started by tsched, March 03, 2012, 12:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsched

Can you tell us about the paint scheme for the Boston & Maine F3's?  Blue or Maroon.  Thanks.

3rail

They will be blue.

Here are the preliminary artwork pictures.

Regards,

3rail

phillyreading

The paint scheme on the F3's looks nice!
I have no idea what the realworld paint job looks like for B & M.

Lee F.

tsched

Thank you.  You made me very happy.

3rail

Phillyreading,

Boston & Maine had 2 F-3 units and this is one of the paint schemes that they wore.

Regards,

3rail

tsched

Just did a little reading online about the road's roster. Yes indeed, they bought two sets of F3's in 1948, in A-B configuration.

DominicMazoch

A livery Lionel should have done.

Somebosy on this list is looking for a CGW, KCS, and MKT in that red which is linked with a president which ran the three roads, one at a time.

tsched

When will these units be available?  Thank you.

3rail

We are waiting for an updated production schedule and will advise soon. 

Fred Brenek

I'm in for these.  Gotta start selling off for them. ;D

Fred

tsched

Quote from: Fred Brenek on March 24, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
I'm in for these.  Gotta start selling off for them. ;D

Fred

I know what you mean.  I grew up in the Midwest but the moment my dad brought home a blue Boston & Maine boxcar for our layout, I was hooked on the railroad and paint scheme.  And I'm happy to buy these without sophisticated electronics.  Can't wait to see them in person.

OUTAMYWY

I recently called the Boss of Bachmann and told him how pleased I was with the Canadian Pacific F3 A-B-A I bought. It was the first Williams product I ever bought.   I asked him if he could possibly make the New Haven in the Black, Orange and White scheme like the EP-5.  He said he would think about it.  I think it would be a big seller.  I know I 'd buy one set.

M1FredQ

Recently my son son wanted me to pick up the new Lionel Nation No.7 In it there
was a reference to a F-3 Santa Fe in Black with the Red Warbonnet. The narrator said
there was never a "real " Black and Red.

Wel, Over Christmas I saw anadd for Williams F-3 in Black/Red and I jumped on it!
It was my FIRST purchase of a Williams locomotive. We were wowed and have
subsequently ordered a number or other Steamer and Diesel locomotives as well as a GG-1.

In the course of our readings we read in other sources that Santa-Fe did not have a Blacl/Red F-3

WELL

The other day while grocery shopping my son comes running over to me with the latest release from
TRAINS magazine. He was all exited to show me that on page 45 of the special release by the TRAINS folks
titled, "TRAIN WREAKS" Special2012-Derailments that changed history, There in living color is a Santa Fe F-3
A and B units derailed and in BLACK  instead of silver!!!!!!!!!!!! The caption refers to the train being a "Chief"!!!!!!!!!
Well that black/red is really nice looking on the layout and runs well with both a passenger set up or freight set up.
Williams is way ahead on this one and I am sooooooo glad they produced it. Now you have your documentation to back
this up!!

Thanks Bachmann/Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillyreading

Sometimes there are paint variations that don't go reported, because there are too many to keep trac of, especially with a major railroad, or records get lost.

Lee F.

tsched

Any ETA for seeing these available?  Thanks! :D