Home
STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
ORDER A
CATALOG

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2014, 12:26:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register Gallery
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  Old pancake motors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old pancake motors  (Read 244 times)
bocefus1983

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:20 AM »

I purchased an older Bachmann locomotive with a pancake motor last year at a train show.  However, after I got home and tested it out I heard this strange "clicking" sound.  I ended up turning it into a dummy after I couldn't figure out what was causing the noise. I just thought that it a defect with this locomotive and played it off.

Fast forward to this year.  I recently purchased another older Bachmann locomotive with a pancake motor.  This locomotive had never been run prior to purchase.  Again when I tested it out after receiving it I noticed the same "clicking" sound as the other one.

Was this a problem that plagued the earlier locos or am I just lucky?  And if this was a problem is there a way to rectify it?
bobwrgt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »

The strange clicking sound usually is not the motor but one of the gears split on a shaft.  Yes you are lucky to get two. They do make a good dummy. I try to stay away from pancake motors unless i can use the dummy anyway.

Bob
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: