News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

hogwarts express

Started by jandrews, February 09, 2007, 03:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jandrews

Can I get a new hogwarts locomotive ? I let the grand kids play with my train set and it is broken.

THB-DAVE

Bachmann no longers produces a Hogworts Express set. Your other options are to look on Ebay, Internet train shops that might have some still in stock or purchase a British Hall class ten wheeler from a supplier of British trains and paint it British Crimson.

Rich R

Hi Dave,

With all the interest in that set over the years and everyone looking for extra passenger cars I'll bet there are a few locomotive around gathering dust.
But if you are looking for a replacement possibly this link will be of help.
You are looking for 00/HO or  4 mm I think. Probably wrong on the mm thing as I'm not metrified yet and I'm too old to change now. Maybe I'm too lazy ?
Try this, sorry but you'll have to cut and paste it.
http://www.tee-usa.com/index.html
( might not be the corrct place really, just checked and it is what it claims to be, European not British but look nevertheless.)

Cheers,
Rich R

Paul M.

Bachmann service might be able to fix your locomotive. :-\

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

david7095

I too have a Hogwarts Express...but I need the dcoupler between the engine and the tender. I have emailed bachman service twice with no response. Does anyone know where to get parts?? The train works fine and i plan on adding a castle to my layout for Hogwarts, but I cannot couple the engine.... :'(

Conrail Quality

Quote from: david7095 on March 17, 2007, 05:58:34 PM
I have emailed bachman service twice with no response.

Don't E-mail Bachmann. I have never heard a good story about Bachmann E-Mail. Calling is considerably more reliable. The number is available under the 'Service/Parts' link at the top of the screen.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

rogertra

How are the engine and tender coupled?

If it's just a simple drawbar then why not make one out of some plastic?

That's what I do if the drawbar that comes with the loco doesn't couple close enough.  My Athearn 4-6-2s and 2-8-2s to get them closer.

SteamGene

It's a simple plastic drawbar.  The tender is along for the ride.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

david7095

Thanks guys for the  idea, Just never thought about making one. I'll have to give it a try, but all is now on hold as I get an all expense paid trip to historic lands in the middle east courtesy of the US govt in conjunction with bad people...

Army Strong

SteamGene

Good luck, David.
Gene
retired Field Artillery
Chief Brass Hat

Virginian

Field Artillery !?  Very cool.
ex B / 2 / 111th here.  And the caissons go rolling.... 
"What could have happened... did."

SteamGene

Former C-1/111, A-1/111, HHB-1/111 - 1969-1982  Also 5/38 Arty, 1/39 FA, Arty Team, 80th MTC. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Seasaltchap

Hornby have now announced the  R2662: Hogwarts Express Locomotive (Harry Potter)

http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/results.aspxsearchfield=hogwarts&Submit=Search

Regards

Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.