News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

programing problem

Started by GRZ, March 21, 2012, 09:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRZ

help please. receved my dynamis control, programed both of my steamers ok was called to dinner, a little later that evening went back to program the bachmann 70 ton loco, now ive got it so confuzed it wont respond to any thing i try to make it do, evan put the e-z-comand back, no luck, it will run on dc fine.have I fryed the board?, just learning this dcc. allso I noticed when you turn your back with the control in your hands in front of you the wireless  stops working,is this normal? what should I do to correct this.I do like this new system,my steamers never run this slo&smoothe thank you fr your help.GREG

bapguy

The Dynamis is infared. It works by line of sight. You need to add a Pro box and additional infared receivers to expand the coverage of the signal. On the loco, you might have to reset the decoder to factory settings. There might be a CV that was changed to run on DC only. Model Railroader did a review of the Bachmann GP7 last year I think and the review mentioned changing a CV to get it to run on DCC. Hope this helps.  Joe

bapguy

On this web sight on the product page find the search window and type in Pro box. This is whats needed I believe if you want to use more than 1 throttle. The receiver is what the infared beam hits to send the signal to the command station. Pretty much the only things that ruin a decoder is an electrical short caused by wireing one up  wrongor haveing the wires on the decoeder touch each other or metal on the loco  that is connected to a power source. It's hard to ruin one programming it. There is a cv that resets a decoder to factory settings. Usually a value of 8 to CV8. I'm 58 and swithced over to DCC 3 years ago. I'm still learning. 

Rangerover1944

$214.29 at "The Favorite Spot". When you go to manufacturer's sites or buy direct from any or most manufacturer, you pay top dollar. Here's a link to The Favorite Spot with the Pro Box, he's a Bachmann dealer in Texas and Ray is the kind of guy who will talk to you on the phone if you need to call him, over 130,000 sales on eBay with 99% feedback and he is a very fast shipper! Those of us on a fixed income have to shop around to get what we want/need for the best price! Jim

http://www.thefavoritespot.com/p-2780-spectrum-ez-command-control-system-digital-dynamis-pro-box-36508.aspx

vern1959

Hi GRZ!
Good to hear from you again. See you got the Dynamis  set. As I mentioned in my first reply to you I had some problems with flourescent lights knocking out the signal and maintaining line-of-sight with the base station just like you have experienced. I mounted a cheap plastic display shelf on the wall just above the layout and put the base station on it, things are better now, hope you can find a solution for your setup. Stopped by Charles Ro again last week and got a K4 Pacific and a NYC RS3 both with DCC-the K4 was $109 and the RS3 was under $60. No sound in either but they both run and pull very well and they look great. I don't know about the expansion box that is an expensive add-on could buy a few good locos for that money!! Oh well between the O scale and the HO tables I now have thats a lot of fun and your right about this hobby it's infinitely enjoyable!! Good luck with the Dynamis and have fun!
                 Vern