Bachmann n scale spectrum N&W - can't get it to run on ez command control system

Started by Zman2000, March 28, 2012, 07:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zman2000

Just got this train.  Set it up and it ran for 10-15 seconds and then derailed and now it won't start at all.  You can hear the power is on, the light comes on but it will not move.

skipgear

Is this a DCC or DC loco? By the description it sound like DC.

DC -
Assuming you are running it on address zero because out of the box the, did you reset the controller to address zero. When the system encounters a short circuit, it resets back to default, which is address 1.

DCC -
If you haven't programmed the loco, it is on 3. Again, when the system detects a short, it resets and goes back to controling loco address 1.

The system still has power but changes the address back to 1 in both cases when it resets.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Zman2000

The train is DCC ready but does not have a decoder in it yet. The directions on the paper that came with the train says that if the locomotive does not run but the light comes on that the track may not be connected to the DC terminals on the power pack but i don't know what that means. I tried what you said to try but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks

skipgear

If it is EZ command, and you are running a DC loco, the light is coming on, then you have power to the track. There is no DC output on the EZ command, you only have one output to work with so that is not the problem. I still say you either have the stop button pressed or you have not switched to loco 0 to control the loco.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

the Bach-man

Dear Zman'
The analog address on EZ Command is 10.
Have fun!
the Bach-man