News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Retro-fitting the 36 ton Shay

Started by Steve Stockham, February 03, 2007, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Stockham

No, it's not what you think! I have already had the power trucks retro-fitted. No, what's happend is that I had my Shay out running around the layout after having the snow plowed. Unfortunately, there was a chunk of ice to the right side of the track that was hidden by the powdery snow which the snowplow was able to navigate but which the fragile plastic plate under the front running board (which practically scrapes the track) of the Shay didn't miss!  :(
   I understand that that the 38 ton Shay has metal rather than plastic plates (I know the Heisler does as I have one.) My question: Will these metal plates retro-fit onto the 36 ton Shay? The plastic ones are certainly fragile enough! If they will, then the next problem will be how to get some.... :-\

Curmudgeon

samevans

TD171 are brass pilot foot board brackets.  I think Dave is referring to these.  You will need to provide a board in wood or metal.

Sam E

tlnibert

I sent a new 36 ton Shay back yesterday for repair.  New out of the box the back axle wasn't powered.  I got it in Jan.
Will they replace the trucks with the new style??
Tom

Steve Stockham

Bachmann has stated that they will not use the new metal power trucks as warranty replacements.

tlnibert

Thanks Steve, I've been out of the hobby awhile and I've missed a lot.
I picked up a new Shay last month and I was sure without looking it would need to go back.  I had about six of the first run and I slowly sold out.
I did find my warranty card in my truck a week after I sent the engine back.
Tom
Huntington, WV

tlnibert

Steve, where did you find that thumb nail picture, I'd like to have it for wall paper.  I'd love Bachmann to make them, I can't afford the Accucraft.
It's 9 degrees here, bad time to return to the hobby.
I pickup the Shay last month and I figure he has a few more to sell nib, I'll have all I can get.  I've never seen the 38 ton Shay.  I will have a 3 truck soon as I can.
Tom