News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WBB GP30 Coming?

Started by tsched, April 21, 2012, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsched

There is talk coming from folks attending the York meet that WBB has a new O GP30 model.  One guy posted pics of these in GN, NYC, UP and ACL.  Pics looked great so assuming this is true.  Wondering when we might see them become available.  Thanks.

cpkoltz2002

I hope so. Burlington and Baltimore & Ohio models would be awesome.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
True indeed!
The GP-30s were enthusiastically received, and should be here by year's end.
Another winner by WBB!
We'll have pictures and details up soon!
the Bach-man

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Seaboard Air Line also had the GP30 (34 to be exact) while the ACL only had 9.

Will we see a SAL unit as well?

tsched

Quote from: Seaboard Air Line Fan on April 22, 2012, 08:13:55 AM
Seaboard Air Line also had the GP30 (34 to be exact) while the ACL only had 9.

Will we see a SAL unit as well?

The guys at York who stopped in at the WBB booth were told GN, UP, ACL and NYC.  But this is the first
production.  There are other roads too who had the GP30's.  If the first run does well, sooner or later we
will see other roadnames.

davidone

I saw the gp30's and they look great, wire hand rails, windshield wipers, etc. These should be a giant hit for WBB.

Dave

phillyreading

Hopefully there will be more in Pennsylvania roadnames, like; Reading Lines, Maryland and Pennsylvania RR, Pennsy RR, and Lehigh Valley RR.

Lee F.

raider409

The pictures that I've seen of them are awesome.  Now if they only come out in all the roads that have been asked for, or if not , an unpainted version so that we can create our own road, without the hassle of stripping.  The new sound board is also going to be a big hit.  Thanks WBB.  From all the responses that I've read, you have hit a home run in our hobby.  Can't wait to get a pair.

OGReditor

Definitely a winner!  I saw them up close and personal at the York Meet.  Now I just have to patiently wait for the Geep to appear in Alaska RR or U.S. Army livery, or preferably both.  ;)

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Quote from: the Bach-man on April 21, 2012, 11:30:38 PM
Dear All,
True indeed!
The GP-30s were enthusiastically received, and should be here by year's end.
Another winner by WBB!
We'll have pictures and details up soon!
the Bach-man

When this happens, will you include a video file so everyone can HEAR what the 16-bit sound system?  That might be the biggest feature of all!

Bob

phillyreading

How about either a GP-35 or a GP-39? These were made by EMD as well.

Lee F.

3rail

Lee,

A GP39?? Really?  We have to be able to recoup our tooling money, and that model is way too limited. Only 23 built.

The GP35 may be a possible future project.

Regards,

3rail

raider409

When ever they come out, the GP-30's and or 35's, I wish that they would advise of all of the roadname that are planned, not just the first run, so that we can plan on when we purchase them.  I plan on buying a pair of them anyhow.  I model after the Chesapeake and Ohio, so do I wait to see if they ever get produced, or buy now and start the repainting process.  Sure would be nice to know in advance.

Bucksco

A manufacturer must keep their cards close to their chest so that the competition doesn't try to bring out the same item at the same time.

phillyreading

Quote from: 3rail on June 09, 2012, 11:17:53 PM
Lee,

A GP39?? Really?  We have to be able to recoup our tooling money, and that model is way too limited. Only 23 built.

The GP35 may be a possible future project.

Regards,

3rail

3rail,

Sorry about the GP-39, just figuired there should have been more produced than what I found as the Reading Company took possesion of 20 GP-39-2's made by EMD.
However I did do a little search on the EMD locomotive roster site and found some stats for other GP engines. GP-39's including the X & DC models; 31. GP-39-2 had 239 made. GP-38's had approx 2,500 made. GP-35's had 1334 made. GP-9's had about 4275 made, A & B units total. GP-7's had 2729 made, and 5 B units.

I guess we won't be seeing a GP-39 made, seeing that it would be counter productive far as cost goes.

Lee F.