Main Menu

WBB GP30 Coming?

Started by tsched, April 21, 2012, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1FredQ

LEE

Some of the folks post about putting out UN-painted UN- marked engines so they

can do it themselves.

Do you or anyone know of anyone or a business or even you folks that will put the

color and markings on?? If Bachmann offered it  you might benefit from added income

and keep folks busy and employed. Or every 6 months tool up to do a certain number

of rail lines which you notify us through the forum or club news. Include some rolling

if possible

phillyreading

An unpainted powered engine would be nice. To get one custom painted, the price I found was close to $105.00 in WPB FL.
I tried to paint an unpainted passenger car and it didn't turn out that well so I quit trying to paint stuff myself.

Lee F.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

What kind of slow-speed performance will these new engines have?  I'm hoping the days of jack-rabbit starts are over.

I've seen the York video, but the diesel rumble was not very loud, at least not as loud as the bell/horn which sounded fine.  Can we get another video?

3rail

Fred,

We have tried undecorated items in the past with Williams and Bachmann has made them as well in other scales. Except for a few items, they do not sell well.  The majority of our customer base wants completely decorated and ready to run items.

Seaboard,
Your starting voltage on your power supply must be higher than those on the market today.  Most start at 0 volts and you can crawl on start-up.  This sounds systems works as soon and the loco begins to move without any battery.

Regards,
3rail

Seaboard Air Line Fan

3rail,

If the GP30 is anything like the 4-6-0 that recently came out then I'm all set  ;D

M1FredQ

Thanks 3Rail

I saw the U-Tube video not long after I posted the question to you and was really

impressed with what I saw being released. I sense that eventually what we would

like or close to it will be released at some time. The quality of the new engines looked

superb and the paint scheme's were very impressive. What you have to offer now

and in the coming months should keep my son and I busy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

raider409

I've heard that the new GP30 won't be available until early 2013 now?  Tell me this ain't so. :(

stationmaster12

What is the minimum radius for these locos? I plan to build a layout using O31 curves!! Thanks!
Keep God first in all that you do.

3rail

stationmaster12 ,

O-31 will work just fine.

Regards,
3rail

tsched

Hi.  Are you able to provide an updated status on arrival of the GP30's?  Same question for the Boston & Maine F3's.  Thank you.

stationmaster12

Thanks!! Will be on the lookout for one of these locos!! :)
Keep God first in all that you do.

DominicMazoch

I run TMCC in conv.  One loop is to a TPC 400, which produces a true sine wave.  Yne PowerHouse does have a square wave.  Will the square affect the sound on those units?

raider409

Have not seen anything about the up coming GP30's lately.  Will they be out for Christmas time?  I need to inform the wife with my wish list.

Steve

Cobrabob8

We are all waiting Mr. Bach-Man for some good news...
I am looking forward to an NYC GP30 rolling down the mainline on my layout! 8)
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Mike_AA9ZY

Milwaukee Road with Alco trucks would be perfect. Even CB&Q wouldn't be bad.