News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

foam boards

Started by Ron Zee, April 21, 2012, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Zee

This may have been asked before, but where does a person go to purchase 2" thick foam boards to make a layout on? The thickest around here at Lowes is 1/2" and it's covered with a plastic that has like squares made into it and if you peel it off, it leaves a nice impression in the foam. They do have a board that's like 1.75" thick but it's covered in foil on both sides. So, any ideas?

darthraven

Ron Zee

unfortunatly, the closest Home Depot is about 45 minutes away, one way. I guess I'll keep looking,,, 8)

darthraven

if it makes you feel any better the closest one to me is about 2 hours away.  If you know someone in construction they can probably get you some.

Country Joe

Unfortunately, the availability of foam varies depending on where you live Ron. I live in the Northeast and it's available in many stores in a variety of sizes and thicknesses. If you live in a warm climate it can be hard to find. This is the page on the Lowe's web site where you can order foam:

http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDisplay?Ntt=styrofoam&storeId=10151&N=0&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&rpp=24

I am not sure if they will ship it to your location, of if the shipping cost would be reasonable, but at least you can look into it.

Ron Zee

Thanks for the info. I guess it's time to go to Lowes then. Hey, it can't hurt to ask.

Country Joe

Good luck Ron. I agree, you have nothing to lose by asking. Let us know how you do.