Williams "Texas Special" B-Unit a real dummy

Started by bucky1950, April 25, 2012, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucky1950

Hello everyone ! I just received a new Williams/Bachman "Texas Special" set. Just like Christmas I opened the carton and the individual boxes and inspected the pieces. Fantastic set, great detail and affordable. I always test the items to be sure everything is working as described. If I have any disappointment in the set it would be that the Dummy "B" unit is a real dummy. No internal lighting which supprised me because the port holes of the unit are great looking and if lite  would only enhance the beauty of the piece.I've collected Lionel,American Flyer, Ives and Marx trains since the early 1970's and now being retired I have the time to dive into collecting more seriously. I'm so impressed with  the Williams line and some of the newer Lionel. I'm just getting familiar with these trains and I was wondering if there is some way to install small lighting units in the "B" unit. Has anyone tried?

3rail

Bucky,

I have never seen anyone offer a B unit with internal lighting.  The booster units were unmanned an rarely had any lights on except when servicing them.  If you want to do this you would need to order 1 or 2 roller assemblies and a light socket assembly from our parts department.  You would have to make a bracket of some sort to mount the socket.

Regards,

3rail.