News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Silent 4-4-0?

Started by James Thomas, July 27, 2007, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Thomas

There is no mention of the 4-4-0 having sound as an option; oversight, or is it for silent running only?

scottychaos

kendoitall

Quote from: scottychaos on July 27, 2007, 09:05:47 PM
What 4-4-0?

Reprinted from another thread from the Bach-mann:"The announcements are posted. Our 4-4-0 will be very similar to the Mt. Gretna Narrow Gauge locomotive that was built on-order by Baldwin in 1889. The order was place on 22 June, and the locomotive was delivered on 2 July, in time for the Independence Day celebration. Eight working days! Ours took longer!
I hope we'll have pictures soon. The samples are at the show.
Have fun!
the Bach-man"
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I believe the first batch will not have sound. I imagine we'll have sound locos added in '08, but no official word yet.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Tomcat

Dear all,

nothing really to worry about: for those who want Sound right away, keep an eye on Soundtraxx´s Products, for those beein´ able to wait: Let´s see what Bachmann will bring out the next year, as Bach-Man said.

In fact: I´m sure that Soundtraxx will get involved, and they already have fitting Tsunamis: It´s that easy if properly prepared by Bachmann´s Construction (which I´m sure we all can suggest as with the Engines before) - it´s a right away job, nearly just "drop in" and be happy...

To me it´s clear that there will be some kind of joint-venture between Soundtraxx and Bachmann as it had been before. That worked pretty well for the Forney, so why shouldn´t it work for the American...?

Can´t wait to have a plain-black little Beauty: to me she is a nice little Engine for my Logging RR...

Take care!
Keep the Drivers rollin´ ;) ;) ;)

Tom