Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: phillyreading on May 09, 2012, 06:16:40 PM
J. B. Jeff,
Donkey got a discounted frequent traveler's rate.

;D

QuoteThe house is a Plasticville ranch house, and the fiquires were bought at a dollar store in Lantana FL.

I recognized the station building from having an HO version of the structure. My HO ranch house has been in the family about as long as I have.  :D

jonathan

showin' some more of my layout.  Just completed more rock work and installing some signals (B&O CPLs of course).  Nothing like taking a few pics to help you find your mistakes.  :)

The signals are NJ International.  They came silver, but I painted them grimy black.  Just looks better to me.

On the rocks, I ran out of hydrocal halfway through, so I substituted with some sort of gypsum based stuff I got at the hardware store.  It mixed-up, and looked, like joint compound.  It was 2.97 a half gallon container.  So significantly cheaper than the hydrocal.  Worked just fine for my meager skills.

Regards,

Jonathan

M1FredQ

Thanks for posting pictures!!!!!!!!

There is a lot of talented folks out there.

Also I appreciate you all showing the "work in progress" photos as I can

get an idea of what to do.

jward

i'm glad somebody has finally come out with accurate models of the b&o signals.
they were one of the things that told you that you were on the b&o and not some other railroad. unique railroads had unique physical plant.
will you be modelling one of the b&o towers with the yellow and red train order boards?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ken G Price

Jonathan, I finely took the time to look at all of your layout pictures.
The city looks really good. The night scenes are awesome.
Since my layout gets so much dust on it I'm glade I picked a dry landscape area to model.

The only thing I have to ask, (with tongue in cheek) :P is why so many photos of an out of focus  yellow caboose on the turn table? ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

jonathan

Jward,

Yes.  Eventually I will get around to a tower and other B&O type structures.  So many projects, so little time.

Ken, 

I know what you mean.  Dust is my nemesis, having a garage layout.  There lots of bad photos in my album, like the yellow caboose group.  I should just delete them.  I was experimenting with the camera.  Sometimes things don't go as planned.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

Fred,
This is why I started this thread. Is it not great to see what other's have done.

jonathan,
Many thanks to you for posting such great photo's and updates.
One question I have is how many tree's are in this photo?
??? ;D

Jerry

jonathan

:) I have made 400 trees for my layout--from those WS armatures and clump foliage.  Most of them are in that photo. That was too much work.  Next time I'm doing the rolled up polyfiber trees; like the area above the new rocks.  ;D

Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Jonathan

Balrog21

wow, got some very talented people here in the forum. I can't wait to start on mine on Christmas day!

Ken G Price

Balrog, As you state, there are many talented people as well as very helpful if an other member has a problem.

Now, since you brought this post back to life, lets see if we can get some more layout photos.
I will start with these from my layout.
South Valley yard with a Bachmann depressed flatcar in the foreground.

Some more Bachmann flats with 20' containers. I bought 3 of these. Wished I had bought a few more. :(

A scratch built warehouse with one of four trailers I decaled and added the refrigeration unit to.

Any one else got some pictures that they have not shown here before?

jonathan

Awesome, Ken!

Here's a recently installed bridge:

Regards,

Jonathan

Balrog21

nice one, Jonathan, what kit is that? would it fit the Bachmann EZtrack? I really do like that one alot..looks alot like one very close to me!

jonathan

Thanks. 

That is a very old Atlas kit I've had for a while.  Finally found a spot for it. It was designed with code 100 track in mind.  I used EZ track up to the bridge, but switched to code 100 flex track across the span.  Half of the mainline, on this loop, is EZ track.  The other half includes various pieces of flex track and sectional snap track.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ken G Price

Jonathan, Nice bridge. I like the lights.I have never thought of lights on a bridge. So the question is, are there such a thing in real life?

Doneldon

Quote from: Ken G Price on December 19, 2012, 04:05:52 PM
Jonathan, Nice bridge. I like the lights.I have never thought of lights on a bridge. So the question is, are there such a thing in real life?

Ken-

In a word: Yes.

-- D