smcgill,

(1) wow!  Awesome backyard layout
(2) love the inboard camera view
(3) snowplow is pretty ingenuous
(4) leaf blower - priceless

Can't wait for my grandson to see these

Good work

rogertra

Really nice work on the back yard, I'm jealous.

SWMBO won't let put anything in the back yard.  :(

Rod in PA

Hi all,
Here's a video of my (work in progress) "Pennsy & Bellefonte Central RR", showing my four Bachmann HO, DCC sound equipped, steam locomotives.

I began construction of this layout in 1978, while I was in the Air Force and stationed in Athens, Greece.  The initial size was 8' x 10', two level, "U" shape design.  It was made up of four bolt together sections so that it could be taken apart for shipment.  About all I was able to complete before being transferred back to the states in 1980, was the bench work, track and a few structures.  I built crates for each of the four sections and that's where the layout remained until I finally retired in March of 2009.

I un-crated the layout after finishing a room in the basement.  I then wired it for dual cab, block operation, but soon discovered the advantages of DCC.  I converted one of the cabs to DCC using NCE Powercab and left the other cab direct current.  The scenery is about 70% complete and I hope to finish more of it this winter.

Anyway, here is the video; you may want to adjust the quality to at least 360p before viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADa0EU7p-3Y

Thanks to all that have or are now serving,
Rod

Jerrys HO

Rod,
That is a fantastic layout you have there. Very much enjoyed watching.

Jerry

jonathan

Likewise, I really enjoyed the video.  Great layout!  Congrats...

Regards,

Jonathan

P.S.  Raising the headlight on the Connies make all the difference.  ;)

GG1onFordsDTandI

You can send me that little Baldwin work train anytime your ready ;D.(makes me want sound, must stay strong ::))
Static smoke and all, nice work! 8)

J3a-614

Neat railroad!  Smooth running engines, too.

Of course, you know there was a real Bellefonte Central that had a variety of steamers over the years, including a pair of C&O G-7 2-8-0s, and closing out steam with, if I recall, a trio of PRR H-9 or something 2-8-0s.

I am VERY curious of the orange and white station at the end.  That's a station from the Virginian Railway; if my memory is right (my book on the road with the photo of the station is in the basement), it's from a place called Culloden, Va.  

How did you obtain the model?  Is it a kit, or did you scratch build it?  Either way, it looks good in the traditional Virginian orange and white paint.

Rod in PA

Thanks all for the kind comments.

J3a-614, I know, I grew up living next to the BFC tracks.  Many of my relations, including my grandfather, great uncles, uncles and my dad all worked for the BFC at one time.  As kids, these railroad tracks were a path to many of our outdoor activities; baseball field, swimming and fishing holes, and just exploring the country side.  If your interested, there's a book titled "Rails to Penn State" that tells the history of the BFC.  You can get it through Amazon.com.  The #15,
2-8-0 in the video represents one of the steam locomotives that was actually owned by the BFC and engineered by my grandfather.  The little station is a laser cut kit, I don't recall the maker but I can find out if your interested.  It looks a great deal like a small station that was serviced by the BFC and located at Scotia, PA.

Thanks again everyone,
Rod

Rod in PA

J3a-614,

That kit is by American Model Builders, "Cullen Station", about $25 from Hobbylinc.

Rod

GG1onFordsDTandI

Hey everyone smcgill has repaired his video links at the bottom of his post pictures page 31 of this thread.
They are all separate links now! 8)
Thanks smcgill!

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Rod in PA on November 10, 2013, 10:27:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADa0EU7p-3Y

Very, very nice. I really enjoyed watching. Thanks!

JBJ

jonathan

Just completed some work on my local depot.  This is a laser cut wood kit.  Interior is lit with LEDs.  Just need some shepherd's crook lamps for the exterior.  Coming together...

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jward

jonathan,

that looks just like MK  in Versailles, pa. spent a lot of time pestering the operator for train orders back in the day.

now if only somebody built a model of viaduct jc........

who says you can't go home again....
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Desertdweller

jonathan,

That really looks great!

I especially like the use of people inside the station.

Les