News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show us your layout

Started by Jerrys HO, April 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Thanks, guys.  All my people, dogs and cats have metal pins drilled into their feet.  Then I can plant them wherever I want.

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

Jonathon:  Nice work as always.  That was a "standard" B&O station design that was used with minor local variations at many locations on the system around the turn of the (last) century.  I believe Baldwin did the designs for these depots for the B&O.  Whose kit is this? 

jonathan

Thanks, ebtnut.

It is an American Model Builders kit.  They are still in business.  However, this one was quite old, that I picked up in Timonium for cheap.  The wood and paper parts were turning funny colors.  The metal parts were getting discolored as well.  Still went together OK.  After sanding, I painted at least three coats on all the parts, so that should preserve it somewhat.

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

Were do you get the metal pins from Jonathan?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jonathan

I tend to use .015" steel wire I get from a not-so-local Hobbytown.  Drill a #78 hole in the heel, glue in the wire and trim to desired length.  Brass wire works, too, as well as different widths.  The steel wire is my personal favorite.

Regards,

Jonathan

jbrock27

Thank you very much for the info and getting back to me Jonathan.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Very nice Jonathan
Now all you have to do is run the meter pan pole out the top of the roof and wire it to your light poles. ;D

Jerry

Doneldon

Jonathan-

This looks great, like all of your work.

-- D

Ken G Price

Here are the newest tank cars added to my layout.
Two syrup and one Emory chemical tank car

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Doneldon

Ken-  Nice work!

All-  Has anyone else noticed that Jerry opened up a topic for us which
has nearly 500 posts and still going strong? Great job, Jerry!
                                                                                           -- D

Jerrys HO

Thanks D
it sure is nice to scroll through all these pics. kinda makes me feel the way my wife does when she takes out the wedding album. ::) ;D

jonathan

Very, very nice, Ken!

I enjoyed peeking at some of your other photos as well.

Agreed, Jerry started a thread I always hoped would come along. It's great to see what others are modeling... and to steal an idea or two along the way.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

GG1onFordsDTandI

Im in O and G gauge so its easier, but with plastic figures, I too use a nice stainless packaging wire, and melt it into a foot, then trim. Drilling tiny holes, or puncturing foam like a stick pin in O. Making a flat, coiled, stake to bury in the earth for G.

J3a-614

Enjoying all of these, even if I don't always comment!  

I'm going to have to take a look at what's available from AMB; judging from the results, they look like the have some good models to work with.

Sadly, two plastic kits that were once made by Life Like and Bachmann that were based on B&O prototypes no longer seem to be available, at least not as new models.

The Life Like model was billed as "Baldwin's Station," was available in HO and N scales, and was based on the station at Sykesville, Md., which like a number of B&O facilities was designed by architect E. Francis Baldwin.  The Bachmann model was a small wooden station based on the one at Dickerson, Md.  Both prototypes exist today; the Sykesville station is now a restaurant called "Baldwin's Station," and the Dickerson station is a stop for some Maryland Rail Commuter (MARC) trains.

Sykesville: 

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM7ZDJ_Baldwin_Station_Formerly_Sykesville_Station_Sykesville_MD

Dickerson:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/49197804

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/39786781