News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 4-6-0 locomotive

Started by lonesomewhistle, May 09, 2012, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonesomewhistle

I recently purchased a Bachmann 4-6-0 locomotive with DCC sound. Included in the box was a small package of what apppears to be coal or coal dust. My question is if anyone knows what this is for ? Additionally the locomotive came with chains that are to be installed on the sides of the tender. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to install the chains. The directions simply state to attach the rings to the hooks on the sides of the tender but I donn't know if the hooks on the tender have gaps that allow the rings to be attached.

Doneldon

lonesome-

The little packet is for simulating soot on your loco. Use a soft brush to put on the top of your loco, especially near the stack, and on the stack itself. You can also use it for general grime. Plan on a light spray of Dullcoat or suchlike to hold it in place.

There should be openings to allow you to attach the chains to the tender.
                                                                                                                                        -- D

Dutch livery

I'm thinking of buying Bachmann's 4-6-2 Sea-Eagle (32551 DS) but can't find to much info on it.
Can you tell me what the sound are like on your 4-6-0 model? Are they any good?
What sounds are included?

Sorry for my not so perfect English but I'm from the Netherland and new to this form. Hope to improve soon  :)

Jim Banner

Sorry I cannot tell you about the locomotive sounds but I can tell you about your English.  It is better than the English used by a larger percentage of the people posting on this forum.  If anyone hassles your about your English, just ask them how well they speak Dutch.  I would not be surprised to learn that you also speak some German and French too.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Dutch livery on May 13, 2012, 03:34:21 PM
I'm thinking of buying Bachmann's 4-6-2 Sea-Eagle (32551 DS) but can't find to much info on it.
Can you tell me what the sound are like on your 4-6-0 model? Are they any good?
What sounds are included?

Sorry for my not so perfect English but I'm from the Netherland and new to this form. Hope to improve soon  :)

The engine you are enquiring about is a very nice looking engine.

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/branchline/32-551DS.jpg&cat_no=32-551DS&info=0&width=650&height=185

Unfortunately only North American engines are imported by Bachmann with a couple of exceptions a few Chinese engines were also imported but that is not usual.
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

Dutch-

Welcome to North American model railroading, even if you are doing it long distance.

Let me add my two cents to Jim's comments about the quality of your written English. To my embarrassment, I must acknowledge that it's better than what most of the native US English speakers use here.

You'll find more relevant information about European prototypes on European web sites but this forum will have more information about HO trains, generally, and Bachmann products in particular. One thing I would caution you about: Duplicate posts won't lead to more, better or quicker responses; they'll just irritate some modelers and cause others not to reply at all. I wrote that once before and a fellow modeler e-mailed me to say that he goes back and deletes his previous answers when he finds the same question asked more than once. I think that's being a jerk but I would advise limiting your posts to one per topic.

-- D

Dutch livery

Thanks Doneldon, I 'll keep that in mind although I'm doing it again right now  :-[

And for Jim, German isn't a problem, French is a bit more difficult. :)

ebtnut

Let me make a minor correction to the intial query.  The little packet is intended to represent coal for the tender.  The cast-in coal load in the tender doesn't look all that good.  The intent is to apply some glue, like white glue, over the plastic and sprinkle the loose material over it to represent actual loose coal.  Soot and dirt are best represented with colored dust, such as pastel chalks applied with a soft painte brush. 

Doneldon

ebt-

The little packet has black dust. It doesn't look like coal at all except that it's black.

-- D