News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann future products

Started by RGW, May 11, 2012, 04:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

Bachmann is the any plans to do HOn30 like what you did with On30?

thanks RGW

Doneldon

RGW-

This gets asked from time to time with a resounding silence in response, indicating I think, the unlikeliehood of this happening. It's not a fertile field for a corporation which is in business to make money or at least stay in business. I know that folks get exercised on this point but I believe it is an appropriate consideration for a company whose officers would get their socks sued off by the shareholders if they made poor business decisions.
                                                                                                                         -- D

RGW

Since Bachmann has made narrow gauge 3 foot gauge (Denver Rio Grande) and the like that run on HO scale track that is only 30"
could the same thing be done in HO that runs on N scale track.However it  is sorta fun modeling something that is uncommon.I am
a N scaler with a large layout but my son is building a small display HOn30 layout and we have enjoyed kitbashing engines and cars.

Doneldon

RGW-

HO on N-scale track is 30" track (HOn30). HOn3 is 36" track or HO
(1:87 scale) running on 1:87 scale 36" narrow gauge track.
                                                                                           -- D

RGW

Bachmann has made some On30 locomotives and cars that models of  3 foot gauge trains but run on HO track which is 30".I was saying the same could be done in HO with n scale track. So the track is 6" under scale, but many people model Maine 2 foot trains using On30 or HOn30 which is 6" over scale from the prototype.To many this is a acceptable solution for lower cost and ease of layout building.