News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-4

Started by cact25, July 29, 2007, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cact25

Now that Bachmann has done the 4-8-4 Northern that they said they would not be doing again, will they also be doing the 2-10-4 that they said they would not be doing again?

Jim

r.cprmier

A T&P 2-10-4 would save me a lot of work; especially if it came through with sound (Hey Johann; you listening?)

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

SteamGene

Say it loud, say it long, we need more small steamers.  We need 2-6-2s, 2-8-2s, 4-6-2s, even 4-6-4s.  Give the West its Harrimans. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Stephen Warrington

More small steamers are needed like the Harrimon types. Enough huge steam.

Stephen

Paul M.

Quote from: r.cprmier on July 29, 2007, 06:53:19 PM
A T&P 2-10-4 would save me a lot of work; especially if it came through with sound (Hey Johann; you listening?)

Rich

Rich, Congratulations! You've earned my "favorite person of the day" award!

I'd buy at least 3  Bachmann Texas & Pacific 2-10-4s.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

lanny

Harriman, Harriman, Harriman, Harriman .... 2-8-2, 4-6-2 etc. Please, please, please, consider the 'West' as another mentined ... a Harriman would be oh so nice! :)

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

GN.2-6-8-0

Tell you what i'd really really really like to see added to the Spectrum line with DCC and sound is the Norfolk & Western M2 4-8-0.
Just love that great looking wagontop steamer....But then I have a soft spot for the Mastodons regardless of the home road.  ::)
Rocky Lives

pdlethbridge

Now that they are doing a 2-8-4, the next logical step would be to extend one to make a 2-10-4, that's what the real railroads did.

Jake

YES! I would LOVE to see a 2-10-4. I would also love to see some smaller steam. Sorry bachmann, but the 0-6-0's 2-6-0's & 2-6-2 are train set quality... and that only... too bad you stopped the Spectrum 0-6-0's... I wouldn't mind seeing a Hudson either...
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

r.cprmier

Jake;
The Hudsons were more or less a "regional" locomotive; that being New York area.  The "J"s were mighty snorting beasks (popeye) and looked high wide and handsome on stud of the passenger trains plying thier business oer' the Hudson River Valley.

However; I do believe that interest might be somewhat limited to that area-I could very well be all wet-...also, BLI and Rivarossi pretty much did a class act with the J series Hudson; unless you are drooling lecherously over a brass import...

Would Bachmann fare well with yet another Hudson on the marketplace?  Maybe-it works with Mikes, but the Mike is a common horse, whereas the Hudson is not.  My money on it?  I think not...BUT...Proto certainly struck gold with the DL-109 in New Haven livery...1000series yet...!

Rich
Rich

SteamGene

Rich,
The C&O had Hudsons and the Milwaukee Road actually invented the wheel arrangement - the 4-6-4 really should be called the Baltic.   So the type was not really centered around New York.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

SteamGene

from steamlocomotive.com

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe   16 (Baldwin)
Baltimore & Ohio   4 (B&O)
Boston & Albany   10 (ALCO), 10 (Lima)
CCC & St. Louis   30 (ALCO)
Canadian National   5 (MLW)
Canadian Pacific   65 (MLW)
Chesapeake & Ohio   13 (Baldwin), 5 (C&O)
Chicago, Burlington & Quincy   12 (Baldwin) 2(CB&Q)
Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul & Pacific   6 (ALCO) 22 (Baldwin)
Chicago & North Western   9 (ALCO)
Delaware, Lackawanna & Western   5 (ALCO)
Illinois Central   1 (IC)
Maine Central   2 (Baldwin)
Michigan Central   30 (ALCO)
National Railway of Mexico   10 (ALCO)
New York Central   195 (ALCO)
New York, New Haven & Hartford   10 (Baldwin)
New York, Chicago & St. Louis   4 (ALCO), 4 (Lima)
St. Louis-San Francisco   10 (STSF)
Wabash   7 (Wabash)
Surviving Hudsons

Gene

Chief Brass Hat

r.cprmier

Gene;
On the Milwaulkee Road, the 4-6-4 WAS a Baltic; improperly referred to as a Hudson.

On the New York Central system, a 4-6-4 was referred to as a Hudson; but specifically,  I was referring to the "J" series of NYC-specific construction, which was definitely a Hudson.

BTW, I also finally found a pic of a J series with deflectors...('member my quest?)  Now I can do them without fear of being lynched!...

Rich
Rich

r.cprmier

Gene;
Ref. your roster; I have a picture in two books of either a Cenrral Vermont or a Rutland "Texas", both at the engine terminal, I am not sure where; and also at the crossing at Palmer, Mass.  I also believe these engines were delivered in 1947!  That is interesting, considering that the diesel conversion was well under way by then.  "Lend-Lease" cast-offs, perchance?

Also, let me throw my hat into the ring for favouring production some smaller engines, like moguls and ten-wheelers, modern type.

Rich
Rich

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I keep seeing a request for 10 wheelers from Bachmann.   How did the last run of their 10 wheeler do and have we aleady forgotten or do you want a different version of that engine?   Do not forget,  Bachmann offered it in two different boiler styles,  high and low.   As for the 2-6-2....yes,  I think there would be a nice market for that wheel arrangement in HO, N,   and even On30......hint,  hint,   EBT #11.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org