News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Log Skidder

Started by Anubis, May 24, 2012, 02:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anubis

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea of the prototype 'plumbing' for the Bachmann Log Skidder?

I would like to hook mine up permanently in my mine engine house as a stationary engine, and was wondering where the steam, water, and fuel lines would run to connect to it.

Thank you,

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

Royce Wilson

John, Since you have not recieved a response, might I suggest taking this to the Yahoo groups: On3 and the On30conspiracy.I am sure you will find a detailed response there. ;D

Royce

ebtnut

Anubis

Thank you, Royce and ebtnut.

Your advice will be taken.

Again, many thanks.

John

2foot6

Hi Anubis,if you have not got the answers you require,send me an email,i have restored a few winches and boilers in the past.Can probably help you out.I live in Leongatha Vic 

Royce Wilson

Also don't forget that Keith Wiseman took over the old CHB line and the skidder he offers come with all the correct piping and valves.
His model kits are truly fore ground models.

Royce

Anubis

Hi "2foot6", mate.

I have sorted out the basic plumbing, thanks to the assistance of members on this forum, plus a few others from other forums.

I have the water supply connected via a valve, to the injector on the RHS of the boiler, and have added a fuel inlet and valve to the LHS, adjacent to the firebox. Also added a fuel pressure gauge next to the steam pressure gauge.

All 'crusted and rusted' up now, and not looking too bad, in my humble opinion.

I would like to post a couple of pix, but I cannot do it, due to the 'strange' requirements of this forum.

Hi there Royce: Many thanks for the heads up re Keith Wiseman's 'skidder.

Thank you to all.

John.