News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

City Scenes Buildings question

Started by Country Joe, May 24, 2012, 01:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Joe

Does Bachmann have any plans to offer these kits in N scale? As I understand it, with modern technology, it's not that difficult or expensive to make the same model in different scales. The new false front buildings look great as well. We could really use stuff like this in N scale.

the Bach-man

Dear Joe,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

railtwister

If there's any area where N scale as a whole is generally lacking, it's in the structures area, especially American architectural style. If Bachmann could release their current HO big city buildings in N scale, I'm sure they would be a welcome addition to the scale!

Bill in FL

Desertdweller

Amen to that!

As a modeler of an urban area in N-scale, these are the sort of kits I would be very interested in.

Les

Ken G Price

I don't have many Bachmann buildings, because there are not many in N scale.
But more of the City Scenes buildings in N would change that for the better. :D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Ron Zee

I also would like more buildings to choose from. Or at least maybe updating ones that are out there. With all the different cars out there, some of the scenes like the "auto dealership" would look nicer with a few cars that had guts in them. Maybe include some material that could be used as curtains in windows. Or how about gas pumps that look like gas pumps. Just a few ideas I'd like to pass on.

Desertdweller

There are few scenery items that can really pin down a time frame for a model railroad better than a car dealership.  Especially a new car dealer with car inventory of the specific year modeled.

Of course not all cars even at a new car dealership will be new cars.  Any new car dealer worth his salt will take older models in as trade-ins, so there will be a place for older models there, too.

Another thing that would really pin a date on a railroad would be political posters for a national election.

The gas pumps mentioned could be used to set a general period.  Do a little research to see what service station brands used what style of pumps for your era, and get correct period and color schemes for the brand our station is selling.  These change every few years, even brand names change as oil companies merge.  Also, not so much now, but not long ago there were lots of regional brands of gasoline.

You can effectively set the year of your railroad by having a cut-off year for the cars and trucks modeled.  Police cars are good to use for this, as municipalities tend to keep their police cars reasonably current.  On my model railroad, the newest vehicles are 1967 Ford police cars.  Although a few of my trains were taken off shortly before then.

Les