News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GS4 Daylight 4-8-4 wheels do not work

Started by Laurie Martin, June 14, 2012, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie Martin

My son received a new Bachmann HO GS4Daylight 4-8-4 Chessie System 2103.  The inside lights go on and we hear the motor, but the wheels do not roll.  After adjusting the wheels so they can roll by hand, we placed the train on the electric tracks again and they moved about an inch and stopped.  Very frustrating!

Does anyone know how to adjust the wheels so they roll on the tracks with electricity?  We did not expect a new train that cost so much money not to work.   Any advise or direction could save us hours of time.  :(

Doneldon

Laurie-

I'm guessing that you may have started with a split gear but now your loco needs to go to Bachmann service because you definitely have something broken in your drive train. An HO locomotive should never move when pushed and pushing one is a pretty sure way to break gears or other drive train components. I'm sorry to hear that you may have had a defective loco from the factory, but that does happen with a certain small percentage of equipment. Bachmann service will help you.
                                                                                                                                             -- D

bobwrgt

Contact the seller or dealer and see if you can exchange for one that works or return for a credit.

Bob