News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K4 4-6-2 pacific steam loco and sound

Started by wveeser, June 10, 2012, 11:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wveeser

Can I order a K4 4-6-2 pacific steam locomotive with sound.
If not, is there a sound chip that is recommended for this steam engine.
thanks for a response.
WRV

richg

I jut check the SoundTraxx site. They have a sound decoder and speaker suggestion for the 4-6-2. Only around $100.00.
I could not find any sound chips. lol

Rich

richg

Right now I do not think this loco comes with sound. Bachmann does not show it. I assume you looked in the Product Listing.
I did some searching for bachmann 4-6-2 tsunami and found a couple on line shops that list this loco but out of stock. They may have never had it. Lots of stuff can be listed on line but some shops never actually ever stock some things.

Your PC is a powerful device. You can find many things on line if you take time to search.
The Favorite Spot is a very good ebay seller of a lot of Bachmann products, including sound locos. Go look.

Rich

Tom M.

I have installed Tsunami TSU-1000 Medium Steam decoders in several of these locos.  If your model has a "sound ready" tender, you simply need to install a 1" round speaker in the existing floor opening.  If the loco is also DCC-equipped/or DCC ready, you can swap the Tsunami's existing wiring harness for a 8-pin to 9-pin JST replacement harness, or cut the wires from the existing Backmann decoder harness and rewire it to the Tsunami (matching wire color for color).

Tom

richg

Spend some time in the below site. Store the link in Favorites. Look in Curriculum and SoundTraxx. He shows how to install the Tsunami decoder.
This guy use to own and run Litchfield Station. A very good on line DCC company. He works closely with SoundTraxx.
Bachmann favors the SoundTraxx Tsunami technology for their sound locos.

http://www.mrdccu.com/

Rich

Rod in PA

Hi,
I recently installed a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder in my HO DCC equipped Pennsy K4 and it really sounds great.  This was my first sound installation job.  I was a little overwhelmed at first but with a bit of planning everything turned out fine.  Do a search for this thread, "Sound for 84102 4-6-2", it has the step by step procedures I used to complete the installation.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Good Luck,
Rod