News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any one for new cars?

Started by S. Calloway, June 12, 2012, 07:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skarloey Railway

re sugar cane rrs, I found this on a google a few weeks back. http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/resources/supplier/supplier.htm

some sweet stuff there

sorry :D

S. Calloway

Bill, 

This is the idea I was going for. The ET&WNC had some pretty cool hoppers,(these are done in kit form from Wiseman but they are 2ft too short and not tall enough) Thus they do not look right. The boxcars they had were a little long for narrow gauge,32ft. Not counting the 36ft boxcars they had, but the shorter one would be great to have and the longer ones could be easily kitbashed from those.
    Bachmann has done the ten wheeler in several road numbers already for the ET&WNC but all of the cars they have now are way too small. The hopper at 28ft,and the shorter boxcars would be great and could be used by many who "Freelance" there railroad.  In later years, The ET&WNC only used one caboose, the 505 so you would not need as many of these as you would the boxcars or hoppers,loaded and unloaded.  There has been alot of feedback here on this topic and I hope Bachmann is listening!!    D. Calloway

Mister Lee

Me, too. I'd like to see one with a corrugated metal roof like the ones once so prevalent on Mexican and Central American lines.

Quote from: gmhtrains on June 20, 2012, 12:33:55 PM
I model a common carrier narrow gauge railroad inspired by Iowa's Bellevue & Cascade, so can always use more house cars. I favor a steel boxcar and an outside-braced, single-sheathed wood boxcar, both with doors opening to the right.

Gil Hulin

S. Calloway

Well,  Back to scratch building..... :-\

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

For anyone interested in an EBT style caboose,  go to the Deerfield River website.   They offer the caboose as a laser cut kit.   I have two of them to build,  but to date,  no one can tell me for sure,  what the interior color is of the EBT cabooses.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

S. Calloway

EBTBOB,
         I don't know for sure, but I think the inside color was a light green. I remember reading this some where a while back. Maybe someone else can respond on this.  Also, The EBT coaches that Deerfield offers are supposed to be like those on the ET&WNC that were purchased from the same B,RB& L. Do you know anything about these?       Dwayne Calloway

ebtbob

S Calloway,

Does your question about the EBT coaches refer to the kits from DRL or the actual coaches themselves?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

S. Calloway

EBTBOB,

My question was mainly about the kits. Do they have the board and batten siding or tongue and groove siding? The ET&WNC had several with the board and batten siding and they had one that was redone with tongue and groove. I also purchased one of the caboose kits from Deerfield for the ET&WNC 505 and it is a wonderfully fun kit to build and looks great!        Dwayne Calloway

ebtbob

Dwayne,

I wish I could answer your question,  but I really do not know the difference between the two styles.   You might ask that question directly to DRL.  Thanks for yor respose on the interior color of the EBT cabooses.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress